Publicity

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
garda
Zone 2

TV spot

Post by garda »

I did the TV spot and it went well. I got some donations for us on the website. I hope to get more. I am back at work. Husband home from hospital - he will be okay but has meds to take. Thanks for concern.I lost my modem this morning in another electrical surge so I have to use the internet elsewhere. I mentioned Geoff and Neil on TV but cant get it on internet. Maybe I can get tape and we can fix it to pal.
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Tami's Publicity

Post by Annie Mole »

Well done Tami

That's a really nice write up from your local paper and TV too - you're becoming quite the celebrity.

Great to see that the publicity resulted in donations too - as it really seemed to bump up your fundraising page - in fact you've gone to 4th place in justgiving's top online fundraisers for the London Bombing Relief Fund!!!!

It would be great to see the TV version too - I believe that Geoff is quite good at transferring videos to streams for the internet - aren't you Geoff? (hint, hint).

Good work Captain :lol: and good to hear your husband is on the mend.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Tami,

TOP STUFF!

love it.

indeed. if you like you can send me the tape VHS/NTSC, yes? and i know people at work who have NTSC video recorders that can convert, and we can then encode up to WMV... let me know.
Norm
Zone 1

Wonderful!

Post by Norm »

What a great write-up! I was trying to decide if it was worth trying to get my local press involved - you've convinced me it is, I shall be calling them tomorrow - if the American press can react like that, I'm sure the Scottish can (fingers crossed!)

Good work! Very excited about the event now. Train tickets arrived the other day, time off work booked - annoying shadwell timing issue resolved - and the shuttle landed succesfully - it's all GO!

*excited*
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Ive been on 1 local radio station's news today and have been 'rejected' by another. One local paper has been round taking my photograph and the other is putting it in without photo.
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Press cuttings

Post by Annie Mole »

Well done Jonny and Nutteronabus too & Norm, I think you will get coverage travelling all the way down from Scotland.

BTW I just found Tami's story online too.

You're right it's all getting exciting now.

It would be nice to have a press cuttings section on the main site at some stage. Hopefully people are keeping any stories that aren't going online.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

I've done two interviews on local radio and it is going in two of my local papers, one of the stories can be found here: http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode. ... K=12969808 :D
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Yay Sam - that's fantastic :D :D

Keep 'em coming folks!
Norm
Zone 1

Sam!

Post by Norm »

Sam, they've included a full stop at the end of your justgiving URL so the link doesn't work!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Ah what muppets, hopefully people will realise and get rid of it, it was printed in our paper, so hopefully the readers just took that as the end of a sentence!
garda
Zone 2

Post by garda »

Thanks for all the support. It is great to hear everyone is getting the publicity and the word out for the fund. I'd like to make a keepsake scrapbook when i get home with all the clippings from ya'll and the photos and such. A man called my office today and is sending in a donation. He is Scottish and wants the UK to know he is a Campbell and cares about those who have lost. I told him that I thought some from Scotland were coming down and he wanted me to have a toast with them. He use to live in Chelsea and rode the Tube all the time. I told him I'd give him a "shout out" .
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

It's good to hear that everybody is getting quite a bit of publicity! I've been in two small local papers, been on one small local radio station that are really interested and enthusiatic in the challenge, and I've been contacted by BBC Radio Essex this morning who saw my article in the local paper, so I have an interview with them tomorrow morning!
Keep up the good work guys and girls!
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Stevoo's publicity

Post by Annie Mole »

Yay Steve

Found your story online too in Barking & Dagenham Post

Well done and hope the radio interview goes well tomorrow :)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Awww, shame they didnt inlclude the photos online as well ;)
Keep up the good work everyone!! :D
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

"her 13-year-old son, who reads only the British editions."

Tami, your son clearly has the right idea!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk