Publicity

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Brill - all very good news :D
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

And just got called up by BBC Three Counties radio who are going to call me twice between 06.30 and 07.30 tomorrow to see where we all are and do a couple of bits live on their brekky show!
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Jonny Lyon on his local Radio after the event

Post by Annie Mole »

Jim Lyon has just emailed me a clip of Jonny Lyon's mention on the news the day after the event

It's a good tip/advice too, to get in touch with local media now that the challenge is over - they'll love to know how much you've raised, what the challenge was like, etc, etc

Well done Jonny!! Looks like Geoff will have some competition in the publicity stakes :wink: :lol: :lol:
matthewf
Zone 1

BBC Breakfast News

Post by matthewf »

We got a total of 6 mentions on the BBC London News segments of BBC Breakfast on Thursday. We were top story too in the later 5 segments and they used our story to link into the travel news as at the start of the day there was a large fire in Bow which was the headline in the first report.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

I've got one of the BBC News segments as a quicktime video clip, which I've e-mailed to Geoff.

I trust he'll whack it onto the tuberelief website...
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Fab it would be good to see all the TV stuff at some stage - I'm sure Geoff will be able to get copies the BBC London broadcasts somehow :)
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Updated Press Releases & updating Justgiving pages

Post by Annie Mole »

Geoff has uploaded two updated press releases onto the Tube Relief site so you can still let the local press know that you competed and tell them how the day went for you.

The individual one for you to tailor yourself is here and the general release is here.

For those who have justgiving pages, it's also worth updating the image on your page to include a photo of you doing the challenge.

I'm sure you can find a suitable one on the flickr photo group if you don't already have your own favourite.
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Extra prize for best PR

Post by Annie Mole »

We also decided to give an extra prize for best publicity and PR to Paul Fraser Webb for this excellent effort - getting on his local paper's billboard. Well done!
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

Thanks Annie - everytime I walk down the high street I collapse in hysterical laughter!
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Everyone - have a look at:

http://www.tuberelief.co.uk/media.htm

Tami's interview on BBC last night is there in WMV format, along with a small MOV clip of a general plug that we got on the day.

Also, if you have a look at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ndon_life/

There is a 5 minute programme of ME talking about it (slowly) for BBC World Service learning english programme. It's quite funny because the presenter has to explain what words like "Travelcard" mean ...
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Geoff's record attempt at speaking slowly

Post by Annie Mole »

That BBC World Service thing is the funniest thing ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

" Re The London Underground - "Some are obsessed with it.....obsessed ......they can't stop thinking about it"

"He also said he had a crack at it, an informal way of saying we had a go at it, we tried it."

"You'll also hear weirdo which is a very informal term for someone who is strange"

Blogged in all it's glory!
matthewf
Zone 1

Post by matthewf »

More coverage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4206704.stm

"Louisiana policewoman flies home"
Last edited by matthewf on 05 Sep 2005, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

B-stards! NOW they cover it!

I had Tami in the buldiing (BBC News) and spoke to my guys on the website .. they had a chance at an 'exclusive', but NOW they dedide to do it once it's been on TV .. typical!