World Record Attempts During Tube Relief

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

Thats great. Thanks. Is there an Olympia one, or am I going to have to go to Earl's Court and copy it out?
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Like Neil said, first and last trains only.

Still worth printing em all off if you ask me, though.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

actually nutteronabus people often go to Earl's Court, where there is a full timetable for the Olympia service, seems crazy that that isnt published too. or maybe it is and i havent seen it! no record attempts people!
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Really?

Well, bugger me!

I suppose I'll have to take a trip down there, then. Which is a pity, since I can't stand the bloody station..

Then again, who can?
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Full timetables for all LU lines are in the TfL Journey Planner http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

The Olympia service is a bit of a pain as rather than just a simple every 15 minute service the intervals can be anywhere between 12 and 18 minutes, and that assumes they are running on time.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Hmm. Interesting.

I'd have to opt for "this is a non-record attempt" too, as we've quite clearly stated that people don't do T4.

But we'll know if any twat decided to run on the first run/interconnect of the day, if they majority of us walk, and some spazzo goes dashing off then i suggest that WE all shoot them! (Kidding).

Seriously though, it does demean the event if we're going for a record - that's not what the day is about, remember?

I also have my doubts too about whether we'll get round the whole thing or not in a day. (But i'll have a bloody good try!)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Right, so the Piccadilly line is back on (see thread in this section).

That means you are all committed to being on your best behaviour and NOT running off and trying to set a new world record :-)

<injoke> Geoff - THE BAT returns!! </injoke>
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

It does strike me that we're likely to divide into two groups between North and West Harrow (the group who get the first plausible train, and the group who just don't quite make it)...
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

Senji wrote:It does strike me that we're likely to divide into two groups between North and West Harrow (the group who get the first plausible train, and the group who just don't quite make it)...
and the problem with that is...? So long as each team has one person who knows what they are doing everything will be OK.

We all need to focus on why we are doing this: it is not a competition. If it becomes one then you can include me out.
garda
Zone 2

i can't wait

Post by garda »

I have started to get my stuff together over here. I bought trail mix, raisins, some slim jims, candy, for the see thru mesh back pack i have. I bought these socks for my new trainers. These socks are to help me with foot pounding. The new trainers are to keep up with everyone! LOL. I am getting excited about meeting all of you and hope that I will be able to keep up. My luck, I get behind a bunch of tourists who decide to read a map standing in the middle of the walkway and I being on 4'11 cant find my group! Maybe I will wear something like lime green! :P
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

How much can we trust the First and Last times -- if we turn up at a station before its "Last Train" will there definitely be such a train (or might it have run early, been cancelled, etc without warning?).
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

If you're finishing at Upminster the last train gets in at 01.32.

If it's cancelled, tough! We all run that risk.

Of course, if you route's any good, you won't BE relying on the last train, will you? :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

I wish my route was any good :-( I'm still at the stage of hitting it with sledgehammer until it gives in...
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

I wonder a bit if I'm being too paranoid about some of my interchange times; but without practical experience I'm not sure how to tell (beyond Journey Planner, which I think is rather paranoid)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

As I can't join in the whole event, I hope to be taking photos of the teams getting on and off trains in the early stages of the day instead (at Moor Park, Watford, Harrow), so I'd prefer it if at that stage, everyone was travelling on the same trains. However, there are quite a few tight changes in the early stages, so whether that happens remains to be seen!