"NOT AFRAID" - Tube Relief 2005

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I can probably arrange something in Amersham for a group. I know a couple of people that live there that will probably help.

Geoff - Have you cced it to the Amersham trio or will they be on Africamp then?
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

I'm in, with at least 1 other person! Would it be possible to avoid early september, as my team will be back at school, and mondays or fridays, as these are bad days for challenging.

Geoff, you will know this: Is it better to start at Amersham or Chesham?
yayrabies

Post by yayrabies »

I'd love to do it
That dosen't mean I can though
Sorry

5-19 I'm in Barcelona
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Senji,

what would be your suggested start/finish place then? Would you not start/finish there at all? Would you use Chiltern to help you do it if you did it during the day? It's just so nice to 'get it out of the way' early on, and if we DID all start there, then the first few hours is pretty much a set pattern .. and it would be quite cool to have lots of people doing it - good morale early on - and then all diverge once we start getting into the middle of town...

what else would you suggest?
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Also...

From what people have said about dates so far, how about either Xday xxth of August, or Xday xxth August?

And yes Chris, our Amersham-support-trio (duo?) will sadly be away at that time! :-(

Bring Charlotte though, yes?
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Jul 2005, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I shall put it to her when she finishes work today.

I would suggest that if we do do this - can we get a set of T-shirts produces which clearly identify us & date on back etc - at least that way if there is any issues with LU staff etc then we do just look like individuals running around with 'no purpose'.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I will join you in August, but ONLY if it's on one of the days:

Mon 8
Tue 9
Wed 10
Thu 11
Fri 12 - and preferably not Fri 12
Tue 30
Wed 31

I won't be about at all in August otherwise.

I am about for just about all of September.

It's a pain in the arse if you can't do these dates because I REALLY want to do this!

Edit: It looks to be really inconvenient in August as everyone's on holiday one week or another. September seems much more sensible to me, and there's more chance of more of the Tube working then.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

If it's going to happen in August, I'd advise that it doesn't happen on the final 2 Thursdays.

They're the results days for A-Level and GCSE students, meaning the network will be a bit more packed than usual.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

All the more reason to hold it in September!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Date now decided - post irrelevant.
Last edited by moley on 18 Jul 2005, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
kizzers
Zone 1

Post by kizzers »

I would really like to do this, but only when I can get up there. 24th onwards only for me until ~4th September. Would I be able to join part way through at Waterloo and finish early to get back to Axminster?
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

First of all - also people in Sweden are both shocked and appalled over the attacks.

I'd very much like to come over and be part of any manifestation in line with this idea!

Generally speaking - the later it will occur the better chance I'll be able to participate - but please don't let me influence your choice of date...

My deepest sympathy with all of you,
HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

So far my team is free any day in August. Why not make it 275 stations, so we can all experience the quite excellent LUL replacement bus service from Hatton Cross. I have a feeling Geoff and Neil will support this as it helps to protect their time.

Let me know........
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I think he means 274 for Queensway, if I'm wrong please correct me
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

No.. i did actually mean 274 because of T4. Heathrow 4 will just be a pain to do, even I can't be bothered to do it! We don't have to decide that now though, we can leave it right until the last minute as to whether T4 gets done or not. Has anyone actually had any experience of the replacement shuttle?

More pressing is the need to agree on a date. And Anthony, it pains me to say this (because you'll be more enthusiastic than anyone - and that includes me!), but it looks like you're the only person at the moment who can't make the xx/yy August.... making it quite likely. Sorry!

But we'll wait and see what posts we get here during the week. I know some people won't read their email/check forum until Monday...

Stay tuned people . . .
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Jul 2005, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.