"NOT AFRAID" - Tube Relief 2005

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Unfortunately the PDF timetables produced by the TfL Journey Planner are often completely inaccurate. The N15 actually has 4 buses per hour. The correct timetable can be found at http://www.busmap.org/tt4/N015.pdf
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Er, interesting!

What about the N86?
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

geofftech wrote:What about the N86?
Half hourly. 13 and 43 at Romford Station, 15 and 45 at the Market, 26 and 56 at Seven Kings Station, 33 and 03 at Ilford Station, 47 and 17 at Stratford Bus Station.

HTH,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

I'm really looking forward to this now. I can't wait to see the face on the driver of 407 as he pulls into Chalfont that morning!

How many people are taking part Geoff?
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

62 people at the moment! unless anyone else pull out :-(

have had 7 people drop-out so far.
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

For the benefit of anyone who was considering "doing" Rayners Lane to Uxbridge towards the end of the day, it's gonna be closing at 2100 on Sunday to Thursday from the 14th of August for refurbishment work, with replacement buses running between Rayners Lane and Ruislip via Eastcote.

Cheers,

Barry
--
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

As well as http://www.busmap.org/ for actual bus timetables, as opposed to what the TfL Journey Planner claims are the timetables, if you go to the Interactive Underground Map and click on a station, and then on Train Times, you can get a PDF of the "proper" times poster(s) for that station, including the First and Last trains one.

Hrm...Or maybe not. I've just checked Amersham and it's dated 15th December 2002, with a first train time of 0532, and Cannon Street is still shown as closed on Saturdays :(

Cheers,

Barry
--
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

The cafe press closure, will this affect previous orders. As I ordered mine from their before the closure but haven't recieved it, am I still likely to or not.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

For the benefit of anyone who was considering "doing" Rayners Lane to Uxbridge towards the end of the day, it's gonna be closing at 2100 on Sunday to Thursday from the 14th of August for refurbishment work, with replacement buses running between Rayners Lane and Ruislip via Eastcote.
Oh, *expletive*. Where's that announced?
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Hmm, I can't find any announcement anywhere...
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Aha!

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/ ... p?prID=475

Which looks like it's only Eastcote station, and I believe under Guinness Rules:
Only if a station is temporarily closed (e.g. for rebuilding, or in an emergency), or if it closes earlier or opens later than normal as a result of rebuilding work, will a non-stop pass through a station be acceptable.
a pass-though is allowed under this circumstance?
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

If it's just Eastcote, then a pass-through is of course perfectly ok. But you've got me worried now that it IS more than that!

J54 - if you have an email from them saying that they've accepted your order, then they should honour it and you should be ok. If you haven't, then I'd start worrying!
garda
Zone 2

cafe press

Post by garda »

i also ordered a shirt from there and received an email that it was being made. I should receive it by midweek if it comes. I will let you know since I will probably get mine first. I cant understand why some of us may get it and not all of it.
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

geofftech wrote:If it's just Eastcote, then a pass-through is of course perfectly ok. But you've got me worried now that it IS more than that!
Well the Real-Time Page says it's just the station that's closed, with Metropolitan and Piccadilly trains non-stopping.

Cheers,

Barry
--
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

A big lesson learnt today!

My bus home was a quarter empty, meaning half the seats had NO ONE sitting on them. I sat there, comfy, with tube map, current route plan and pen on my lap working through some problems (ie, Piccadilly circus missed entirely!), during my 35 minute journey, 3 different people say next to me to ask wat I was doing!!

Lesson learnt? I should have printed the nifty leaflets explaining (with my sponsorship details on!) today and not tomorrow!!