Bakerloo to Watford Junction

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
jonny
Zone 6

Bakerloo to Watford Junction

Post by jonny »

If this happens, and assuming that the Metropolitan extension to Watford Junction doesnt happen (it doesnt seem likely to happen at all), is the best option in everyones' opinions to double back Kenton to Watford with this? It would add a long time i think.

Incidentally, if the metropolitan were extended as well as the bakerloo (almost definitely NOT going to happen IMO), what would be the best way to start?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

If this was to happen then I guess there are a couple of options.
You could run from Watford to Watford Junction which is 1.9km or you can catch a bus, the W30 operates from 07:26 until 18:56. The only problem then is tying up the rest of the North West bit of the map. I have a cunning way this could be done without too much duplication, but I will keep that my little secret :wink:
One day I shall return!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

i wasn't aware an extension of the bakerloo service was even on the cards... :?

infact, just from my own point of view, i would see a case for cutting back all bakerloo services to Queens Park once the Overground service on from there is upgraded with the new trains and greater frequency.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

dudey wrote:i wasn't aware an extension of the bakerloo service was even on the cards... :?

infact, just from my own point of view, i would see a case for cutting back all bakerloo services to Queens Park once the Overground service on from there is upgraded with the new trains and greater frequency.
Now that would certainly shake up the challenge what with it eliminating a common start-sequence!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Well personally I'd do some sort of fast journey from Harrow and Wealdstone to Watford Junction or Euston, and link it up that way. But that's just me.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

If It is true that the bakerloo line will continue till watford junction that will be 6 extra stations?

headstone lane
hatch lane
carpenders park
bushey
watford high street
watford junction

isnt the configuration of 275 losing 6 or 7 stations ell line closing then 6 will bring back to 274/275 im confused already what is it after dec 23rd at least 1 thing the amersham start will be less of an advantage and may lead to some interesting plans being made by different people
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Oh but we'll also have Heathrow Terminal 5 and Wood Lane, giving us 276 stations! Wow.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The re-extension to Watford might not happen until 2026, so in the meantime we only have to worry about the closure of the ELL which gives 268 stations.
One day I shall return!
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

I just can't see it happening at all now that we have the new London Overground System which will one day run a more frequent service between Euston & Watford Junction.
sweek
Zone 2

Post by sweek »

Dr Who wrote:I just can't see it happening at all now that we have the new London Overground System which will one day run a more frequent service between Euston & Watford Junction.
The plan is to segregate the two lines, running services from Queen's Park via Camden Road to Stratford, and letting the Bakerloo take over the rest of the Watford DC line. So it is quite likely to happen, and I can see it happening before 2026 too, actually.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

If they extend it though, haven't they said that they won't be in zone 6 so you'd need a seperate ticket to be able to do that section of the line :?
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Sam wrote:If they extend it though, haven't they said that they won't be in zone 6 so you'd need a seperate ticket to be able to do that section of the line :?
that's the current situation if you go further out than Hatch End, but i'm sure if they're going to be running Bakerloo services up there there will be some kind of fare solution/decision. Probably either extending zone 6 or putting those stations the zones A-D.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

From January there will be major changes to the fare zones within the north west corner of the Tube map to incorporate the Euston-Watford DC line.

Zones A-D will be swept away and replaced with Z7, 8 and 9 of which:

Zone 7: Carpenders Park, Ricky, Chorley, Croxley and Watford Met
Zone 8: Bushey, Watford High St, Chalfont
Zone 9: Amersham and Chesham

Note that Watford Junction will remain OUTSIDE the London fare zones system and thus special fares apply to/from Watford Junction.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

woah that's gonna look messy on the map.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Why can't Watford Junction be part of the thing?