Launch points

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tc
Zone 2

Post by tc »

I'm starting at Amersham, and finishing on the east end of the District Line (you won't guess it easy, it's not Upminster :mrgreen:)
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

planes
Last edited by geofftech on 18 Jun 2014, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Ahh yes - a nice day out at Dunstable Downs watching the Gliders gently float down to the ground without a noise at all. Pretty much the opposite to LU isnt it Crunchy?
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

My 'current' route is Chesham to Upminster, but I've thought about the stations where I *want* to start/finish, and it's different. Amersham/Chesham certainly, but it seems to me that Walthamstow would make a better finishing point. Problem is, I can't find a way of doing it that isn't going to take much longer.

One thing I am wondering, and would like help with, is getting from Heathrow to Richmond. I've just come down the piccadilly line, and am wondering whether it's worth going round via Acton Town, or whether it's worth taking a bus/train direct? i took a bus and a train on my first attempt, but am not sure. Any ideas? Or is this one a trade secret?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

The best way to do it is to use two different kinds of transport. That's all I'll say.

Never turn round at Heathrow - that's a huge waste of time.
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I have to agree with tubeguru here. Turning around at Heathrow imo is a waste of time.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

petermiller36 wrote:Ahh yes - a nice day out at Dunstable Downs watching the Gliders gently float down to the ground without a noise at all. Pretty much the opposite to LU isnt it Crunchy?
Flying gliders and doing Tube Challenges is somewhat akin to listening to Beethoven and dabbling in the old ultra-violence, right right right?1
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
tc
Zone 2

Post by tc »

Hmm, Geoff, I think you know who I am (I am the prolific emailer... ;))..., you could find out on the day! :P