You can almost do it on a Saturday now ...

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
geofftech
All Zones

You can almost do it on a Saturday now ...

Post by geofftech »

Did everyone see this:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/press/2005/a ... 050428.asp

From May 7th, Temple is going to be open on Sundays, and Cannon Street - previously closed all weekend is now going to be open on Saturdays between 07.20 and 19.40 ... so if it wern't for Shoreditch still be closed on Satrudays, you could do the whole 275 attempt on a Saturday!

So when the ELL comes 'off' being the tube network, attempts will therefore be possible at the weekend! oooohhh!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I hate Shoreditch.

Why the hell is it closd on Saturdays?

Why the hell does it exist?!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Simonguy
Zone 1

Post by Simonguy »

It wont for long. The whole ELL will be extended as far as Clapham junction soon, when it is I doubt if it will be possible to do the Tube Challenge :?
Total Victory
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

That's (apparently) when it leaves LUL hands, so it won't be one of the great Twelve Lines of the system, so it will be easier. Apparently.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Even when Shoreditch closes the chances of doing an attempt on Saturdays are very low because there are always at least two or three sections of track closed for engineering works every weekend.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I'm just saying it will be possible to *attempt* it on a Saturday. I don't reckon you could break the record on a Saturday...

The East London Line will cease to be part of the tube network once the extension work is complete.

So then it'll be "Eleven Lines... One Record..." and Joy54 will have to get his signature updated.
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

geofftech wrote:I'm just saying it will be possible to *attempt* it on a Saturday. I don't reckon you could break the record on a Saturday...
Although I would agree that its unlikely that a record would be broken on a Saturday. The tube is generally more punctual and reliable, with faster journey times on Saturdays. Unfortunately the frequencies are less, and as was mentioned there are almost always engineering works.
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

geofftech wrote:I'm just saying it will be possible to *attempt* it on a Saturday. I don't reckon you could break the record on a Saturday...

The East London Line will cease to be part of the tube network once the extension work is complete.

So then it'll be "Eleven Lines... One Record..." and Joy54 will have to get his signature updated.
Yes, this is a very important point and one you are all missing.

The early morning and late evening timetables are NOT the same as during the week, then you have tourists for more of the day, late night revellers causing trouble ... and then what if they bring in this new late night running at weekends? How will THAT affect it?

Weekends are bad for full challenges.
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

the only difference between saturday timetables and normal timetables is the peak service surely?

even if the ELL did stay in the hands of LUL the old record would be frozen, so new times would have to be set. its perfectly possible, and clapham junction would not be the problem - you realise its going to west croydon aswell? thatd be a nightmare.

by the way who is taking control of the ELL, does anyone know? cos if its silverlink i'm leaving crystal palace!!!
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Why would it be a nightmare? It's EASIER. you don't have to do it. When the ELL is extended, it will NOT be part of the tube network. There will be LESS stations to do!
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

i was talking hypothetically,
Zeibura wrote:if the ELL did stay in the hands of LUL
... never mind :roll:
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

oops! missed that. sorry.

ok, if it DID, it would be much much harder, yes!
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

You could go WC to Balham, going past my house.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

useful Joy54! lets all go for a cup of tea then shall we?! useless post!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

petermiller36 wrote:useful Joy54! lets all go for a cup of tea then shall we?! useless post!
Now, now - be nice :?