Woodford-Hanault

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
G Force
Zone 3

Woodford-Hanault

Post by G Force »

A bit of good news. From October 2006, the new WTT will have Woodfood-Hanault trains running until midnight instead of 20:00.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

WTT?
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

uefacup81 wrote:WTT?
Working Time Table.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Hmm... Epping finish anyone?

Also... being the least used stations on the network - how long until Roding Valley and Chigwell go?

This may even be the beginning of the end for the Hainault - Woodford stretch... remember, Epping - Ongar went all-day in the couple of years before it closed - TfL trying to make the stations profitable anyone?
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

They may be seeing how many people would actually use the stations if they were open for the normal hours.

It's difficult to say with great confidence that they would continue to be the least used stations on the network - the less time they are open for (and the shittier their service), the less people will want to use them. If they are open all day with a half-decent service, they'd probably get more usage, so it's difficult to get an accurate estimation.

They will be running only until midnight, and no later? As in, most of the outer stretches of the network have trains running until 1 AM, or something like that. The reason that I ask is that, if someone is trying an Epping finish, they will either break the record or not be able to complete the system.

An Epping finish would be grand, but I wouldn't like to be relying on a 20-minute service right at the end.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

G Force...

I'm not disbelieving you, just wondering where you got this information from as I cannot find anything!

Cheers mate! :)
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Interesting info. I don't think an Epping finish is very good anyway, but it would certainly add flexibility to the route planning.

On the same note: Do you have access to the WTT for Piccadilly Line when T4 comes back? Or the exact date for that matter?
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

wouldn't an epping finish be hard as you would either go up to epping via hainault (missing south woodford/snarebrook) or you would go up via snarebrook (missing hainault loop).
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Sam wrote:G Force...

I'm not disbelieving you, just wondering where you got this information from as I cannot find anything!

Cheers mate! :)
LU sources. I say no more.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

T4 is due to open on 1 September and is currently on target (if not possibly a few days ahead of plan).

The W&C line will also reopen on 1 September - as this is roughly a week ahead of shedule.
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Well if you're feeling really ambitious you could work something like a Wanstead/Snaresbrook finish I guess!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Ooh - this would speed my route up a bit...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Nice weather conditions would do that too, Ant ;).
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

dr_chris wrote:Well if you're feeling really ambitious you could work something like a Wanstead/Snaresbrook finish I guess!
Nah, that wouldn't work - that'd mean going up to Epping and coming back. Madness. There's a bus from South Woodford to Wanstead, or maybe double back to Snaresbrook and walk - it's only a 9 minute walk at FatBuoy speeds. People in posession of "physical fitness" may well run it in about 3.
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Get the bus? Would you really want to be messing around with buses around midnight?

The advantage that is gained from the Woodford-Hainault stretch being open later is that you wouldn't need to double back at Epping because you can finish there. So you could do Leytonstone-Woodford via Hainault-Snaresbrook-Epping, or Leytonstone-South Woodford-Leytonstone-Woodford via Hainault-Epping. Finishing at Snaresbrook or Wanstead would be foolish.