Recommended reading?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I dont see any problem in asking about specificly written tube publications, as opposed to the question "how do I go out and do this, can anyone give me any tips?" :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I'm very surprised you're all beig so patient in saying "work it out yourself", given how many times you've said it already...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

:P
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

I still think this a little harsh on uefacup81.
He was only asking where he might be able to get hold of some helpful publications and not for anyones actual routes or even the "moon on a stick" for that matter :)

There was a topic about the "way out tube map" a little while ago, an invaluable guide indeed which is now shared and known by most of our forum members... :)

Come on guys we are all batting for the same side surely? So I don't see a problem with a little help and guidance from time to time without giving the full master plan away... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Going Underground wrote:I still think this a little harsh on uefacup81.
He was only asking where he might be able to get hold of some helpful publications and not for anyones actual routes or even the "moon on a stick" for that matter :)

There was a topic about the "way out tube map" a little while ago, an invaluable guide indeed which is now shared and known by most of our forum members... :)

Come on guys we are all batting for the same side surely? So I don't see a problem with a little help and guidance from time to time without giving the full master plan away... :D
Seconded. And you've just given me a great idea - a novelty shop selling things like rocking horse shit, the moon on a stick, and such like. Must write that down.
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

TheFatBuoy wrote: Seconded. And you've just given me a great idea - a novelty shop selling things like rocking horse shit, the moon on a stick, and such like. Must write that down.
:lol: Like it something simliar to "Grot" in The Rise and Fall (or was it the Fall and Rise) of Reginald Perring :D
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah of course we're on the same side. doesnt mean we have to give the crucial clues to other people though. most of the fun is finding a new part of a route and doing the research.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

petermiller36 wrote:yeah of course we're on the same side. doesnt mean we have to give the crucial clues to other people though. most of the fun is finding a new part of a route and doing the research.
Pete, yeah totally agree. A large part of the fun is working out routes and plans yourself :)
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

bit of a turnaround there, GU
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I was thinking that. Make yer mind up :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

GU loves me tho. he'd never disagree. He's a closet Ware fan and is on my side all the time.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

jonny wrote:bit of a turnaround there, GU
Not a turn around at all, I repeat my earlier post.

This topic is asking about helpful publications and NOT crucial clues from other challengers. I really do not see a problem with that as opposed to directly asking the question of "please tell me how to do this and plan my whole route for me"

The title of the post says it all really...... :)
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Oh, you'd be suprised how many emails I get asking blatantly for things which I had to go out and spend time and work hard finding out for myself.

Whilst being friendly, it is irksome when a newbie rolls up says "I'm going to beat you!", and then expects it all to fall on plate for them.

No pain, no gain, people... remember that! You get in this life what you work for.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yeah, so you'd better all start learning all about pain ... :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah i remember emailing you Geoffrey my boy. that was asking stuff like "i presume i have to go to Kens Olympia to get the timetable?".