Page 1 of 2

Evidence Requirements

Posted: 17 Jan 2021, 21:25
by stepneygreen05
I was thinking about attempting the Tube Challenge, and I was wondering how much evidence would be required to have my attempt recognised by members of the forum.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 17 Jan 2021, 21:53
by Golf
none at all if you say you have done we will believe you unless your first name is ******** and you say done it in 8 hours and 4minutes.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 08:18
by Nigel
I still try to maintain the list of top times for the FNC. Very occasionally, if I think someone's account of a completion doesn't add up (e.g how was Olympia done?), I may send them a PM for an explanation before adding them to the list. Provided the account is credible, we have to rely on people's honesty.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 09:43
by Golf
Nigel wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 08:18
I still try to maintain the list of top times for the FNC. Very occasionally, if I think someone's account of a completion doesn't add up (e.g how was Olympia done?), I may send them a PM for an explanation before adding them to the list. Provided the account is credible, we have to rely on people's honesty.
hence above comment its amazing after all these years the name ******** is still blanked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 10:09
by tubeguru
Golf wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 09:43
Nigel wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 08:18
I still try to maintain the list of top times for the FNC. Very occasionally, if I think someone's account of a completion doesn't add up (e.g how was Olympia done?), I may send them a PM for an explanation before adding them to the list. Provided the account is credible, we have to rely on people's honesty.
hence above comment its amazing after all these years the name ******** is still blanked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be honest, there aren't many regular users of the forum who know who ******** is now, so even unblocking it would leave people none the wiser as to who you're talking about.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 10:42
by jrparkin
Along the same lines, has anybody on the boards done it for charity and did you collect any evidence for proof

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 12:43
by Going Underground
jrparkin wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:42
Along the same lines, has anybody on the boards done it for charity and did you collect any evidence for proof
About 15 to 20 times and no....

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 13:02
by Golf
there was a regular children in need attempt perhaps this year may be a good idea to reignite.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 14:47
by jrparkin
Going Underground wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 12:43
jrparkin wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:42
Along the same lines, has anybody on the boards done it for charity and did you collect any evidence for proof
About 15 to 20 times and no....
Did you wear anything that showed you were doing it for charity. I'm not intending to go all out on a charity outfit just a badge on my shirt/coat

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 19 Jan 2021, 12:45
by Going Underground
jrparkin wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 14:47
Going Underground wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 12:43
jrparkin wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 10:42
Along the same lines, has anybody on the boards done it for charity and did you collect any evidence for proof
About 15 to 20 times and no....
Did you wear anything that showed you were doing it for charity. I'm not intending to go all out on a charity outfit just a badge on my shirt/coat
We got some great Pudsey CiN tube t-shairts printed but I lack the IT skills to post a photo for you :(

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 22 Feb 2021, 22:25
by nozzacook
On my attempts I just kept a log more for my own benefit for future planning.

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 23 Feb 2021, 10:27
by jrparkin
The reason for me taking a log was a three step process

1) I needed to know where I was going (since I don't live in London)
2) It would serve as a record to look at in future if I so required

It was then I decided that if I was going to do this I might as well do it for charity and use the logbook as evidence that I'd done it. Although not officially required I'm a bit leery about people giving me money without supplying them any proof

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 23 Feb 2021, 12:05
by Going Underground
jrparkin wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 10:27

It was then I decided that if I was going to do this I might as well do it for charity and use the logbook as evidence that I'd done it. Although not officially required I'm a bit leery about people giving me money without supplying them any proof
We did take money if offered on our may CiN attempts - but in the main if people expressed an interest we hand out "flyers" with the link to our just giving page

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 05 Mar 2021, 02:07
by ANDY_JS
The problem is most people would struggle to find someone willing to be an independent adjudicator to stand on the platform at Amersham, Heathrow, Upminster or Morden at 4:45 in the morning, which is apparently what you have to do to fulfil the official rules.

Also, are you supposed to film the whole thing these days, instead of just take a few photographs? You'd have to have a camera fixed on your shirt for 16 hours. Wouldn't the batteries run out?

Re: Evidence Requirements

Posted: 05 Mar 2021, 11:04
by nozzacook
ANDY_JS wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:07
The problem is most people would struggle to find someone willing to be an independent adjudicator to stand on the platform at Amersham, Heathrow, Upminster or Morden at 4:45 in the morning, which is apparently what you have to do to fulfil the official rules.

Also, are you supposed to film the whole thing these days, instead of just take a few photographs? You'd have to have a camera fixed on your shirt for 16 hours. Wouldn't the batteries run out?
Yes you now have to video whole attempt, photograph every station, keep a full log and get witness statements at least 1 per hour. And also have a person independent of the attempt to start/stop the master stopwatch which they are meant to look after for the duration of the attempt. This now makes solo attempts at the record almost impossible.

So the essential kit list now has to include 2 cameras, batteries and memory cards for both to enable continuous filming.