Evidence Requirements

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tufnellpark
Zone 3
Posts: 168
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 11:53
Location: Lewes, Sussex

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by tufnellpark » 17 Mar 2021, 07:55

roblo97 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:37
So if the battery life on a Go-Pro Hero 9*, filming in 1080p at 60 fps is 144 minutes, and the record is around the 16 hours 45 minutes mark, or 1005 minutes, you would need at least 7 fully charged batteries, maybe more and to film in 4k at 60fps, at least 14 batteries would be needed!
*Other brands are available! :P
Had a chat with Guinness WR a while back. Remember they are just making sure they can independently verify any record attempt so don’t judge them too harshly. A journey log with station times is a must. They also require complete video (which is tricky) and hadn’t thought about practicalities ie how many batteries/power banks/sd cards you will need.Their answer was that’s up to you to sort out. I also asked why they needed witness statements and photos, which are just duplicating video evidence. No answer.

On one of my WRs they questioned a photo where we had missed a station roundel. On inspection it also showed a signal number reflected in the train cab so we were able to prove which station it was by the signal number. Don’t be scared by Guinness rules but be sensible and honest about adhering to them. Be prepared for them to ask any question they like but you have to be able to answer it.
London 16:14:10 Paris 13:23:33 Zone 1 02:36:30 Overground 09:07:35 Metrolink 05:27:56
Land's End to John O'Groats by bus 3 days, 8 hrs, 17mins

tufnellpark
Zone 3
Posts: 168
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 11:53
Location: Lewes, Sussex

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by tufnellpark » 17 Mar 2021, 08:04

roblo97 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:37
So if the battery life on a Go-Pro Hero 9*, filming in 1080p at 60 fps is 144 minutes, and the record is around the 16 hours 45 minutes mark, or 1005 minutes, you would need at least 7 fully charged batteries, maybe more and to film in 4k at 60fps, at least 14 batteries would be needed!
*Other brands are available! :P
Andi and Steve’s WR is 15 hours, 45 mins. I reckon more like 90 mins per battery so you need 11 batteries. Your point Rob is still valid. Presumably you could reduce that to two if you use rechargeable batteries and a power bank.
London 16:14:10 Paris 13:23:33 Zone 1 02:36:30 Overground 09:07:35 Metrolink 05:27:56
Land's End to John O'Groats by bus 3 days, 8 hrs, 17mins

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1117
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 12:23
Location: Rainham, Essex

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by Steeevooo » 17 Mar 2021, 09:15

tufnellpark wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 07:55

Had a chat with Guinness WR a while back...A journey log with station times is a must. They also require complete video (which is tricky) and hadn’t thought about practicalities ie how many batteries/power banks/sd cards you will need.Their answer was that’s up to you to sort out. I also asked why they needed witness statements and photos, which are just duplicating video evidence. No answer.
This very much accords with my own discussions with Guinness. I also raised the point of whether records which take even longer (I gave the example of longest marathon bartending, for which the record is currently 111 hours) would also need to be fully recorded, and how this potentially restricts a lot of potential record attempts. Again, I received no answer.

I'm afraid that at the moment it is one of those cases where the development of technology actually hinders the challenger - the availability of video footage makes it easier for the approver at GWR, hence they stipulate it as a requirement. Unfortunately the practicalities of doing so at present (at least until such technology is developed that a Go-Pro style device can run continuously for 16+ hours) put a rather large burden onto the challengers themselves.

RJSRdg
Zone 6
Posts: 979
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 00:35

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by RJSRdg » 17 Mar 2021, 17:52

This has an 8-hour removable battery, so only one change of battery needed if attempting the current record.

Not cheap, though!
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge

roblo97
Zone 3
Posts: 164
Joined: 12 Feb 2017, 19:04
Location: North Somerset

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by roblo97 » 17 Mar 2021, 19:38

tufnellpark wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 08:04
roblo97 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:37
So if the battery life on a Go-Pro Hero 9*, filming in 1080p at 60 fps is 144 minutes, and the record is around the 16 hours 45 minutes mark, or 1005 minutes, you would need at least 7 fully charged batteries, maybe more and to film in 4k at 60fps, at least 14 batteries would be needed!
*Other brands are available! :P
Andi and Steve’s WR is 15 hours, 45 mins. I reckon more like 90 mins per battery so you need 11 batteries. Your point Rob is still valid. Presumably you could reduce that to two if you use rechargeable batteries and a power bank.
Oops! thanks for reminding me of that! Can't remember where I got that 16:45 from either :lol:
R15 PB: 2:23.23
DLR PB: 2:00:50
Bottle PB: 02:30:30
Tramlink PB: 1:55.37 (Cheers David!)
Triple Crown: 7:00.13
FNC: 18:42:50 (Cheers Andi and Josh!)
Park: 8:29:35
Z1: 02:45:54
2018 Z1 winner!

jrparkin
Zone 2
Posts: 65
Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 09:56

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by jrparkin » 18 Mar 2021, 10:50

What about if you have two people from Guinness to be Master Stopwatch. Do you still need video footage then?
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916

RJSRdg
Zone 6
Posts: 979
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 00:35

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by RJSRdg » 18 Mar 2021, 12:35

Yes, because you still need to evidence that you've visited all the intermediate stations.
Currently 4th place in the Bottle Challenge league table
Currently 3rd place Zone1/Zone 2 Challenge

xcooler123
Zone 5
Posts: 436
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 10:20
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Evidence Requirements

Post by xcooler123 » 19 Mar 2021, 10:30

Steeevooo wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 09:15
tufnellpark wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 07:55

Had a chat with Guinness WR a while back...A journey log with station times is a must. They also require complete video (which is tricky) and hadn’t thought about practicalities ie how many batteries/power banks/sd cards you will need.Their answer was that’s up to you to sort out. I also asked why they needed witness statements and photos, which are just duplicating video evidence. No answer.
This very much accords with my own discussions with Guinness. I also raised the point of whether records which take even longer (I gave the example of longest marathon bartending, for which the record is currently 111 hours) would also need to be fully recorded, and how this potentially restricts a lot of potential record attempts. Again, I received no answer.

I'm afraid that at the moment it is one of those cases where the development of technology actually hinders the challenger - the availability of video footage makes it easier for the approver at GWR, hence they stipulate it as a requirement. Unfortunately the practicalities of doing so at present (at least until such technology is developed that a Go-Pro style device can run continuously for 16+ hours) put a rather large burden onto the challengers themselves.
On a slightly positive note, at least they are being semi-consistent which has been another issue with them in the past (although that could change at a moments notice...)
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests