Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
nozzacook
All Zones

Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Closed

Post by nozzacook »

If you want the record Guinness will want the station visited. Which we have previously done if I can take you back to 2007/2008 when we had to use the replacement bus to Shoreditch.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

And indeed for my first record Sam and I had to visit T4 by replacement bus. As Nozza says, they will want it visited - the record is for visiting all 270 stations.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

But will there even be a replacement bus (or any other bus) if the terminal is shut?
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Maybe a regular red bus would count in this instance?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

But even then, how close to the station would you be able to get? IIRC the station entrance is inside the terminal, so in all likelihood the closest you'd be able to get would be the terminal entrance.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
tufnellpark
Zone 3

Post by tufnellpark »

Piccadilly line trains are running as normal to T4, albeit the doors won’t open at the station. The only question to answer is do passengers get thrown off at Hatton Cross (as xcooler suggests) or can you stay on the train via T4?
London 16h:14m:10s Paris 13:23:33 Z1 02:57:53 Metrolink 05:53:25 Lands End to John O'Groats by bus 3d:8h:17m All the Stations 35d:10h:10m
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

If you can stay on then the rules for a pass through would apply. But if they throw you off at Hatton Cross and you want to make a record attempt you will need to get to T4 by bus. Andi will tell you Guinness are very much a pain in the behind to deal with.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I can confirm that upon arrival at Hatton X, the T4 trains are de-trained at Hatton X with platform staff ensuring this (the doors are locally closed car by car) before the train proceeds empty around the loop.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
stepneygreen05
Zone 2

Post by stepneygreen05 »

tangy wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 13:38 I can confirm that upon arrival at Hatton X, the T4 trains are de-trained at Hatton X with platform staff ensuring this (the doors are locally closed car by car) before the train proceeds empty around the loop.
What a surprise - NOT!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Was anyone really expecting anything different?!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I think it may have reopened, as it is being used for Red List arrivals, with Terminal 3 reverting to normal use. The TfL website doesn't show it being closed ...
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Anyone arriving from a red list country has to go to a quarantine hotel, so won't be getting on the Piccadilly Line whether it is open or not. So apart from maybe some airport staff, I'm not sure there is any need to reopen T4 station yet. The TfL Journey Planner is still saying to catch a bus to Hatton Cross if you try and plan a journey from T4.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

If T4 doesn't open till next year - or beyond, you could have a weird situation where Battersea extension opens before Heathrow!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
ANDY_JS
Zone 2

Post by ANDY_JS »

Well, there's something weird going on as far as Heathrow Terminal 4 tube station is concerned. Yesterday I was travelling from Terminal 5 to Kings Cross, having had a ride on the "Heathrow Pods" which had been closed for about 18 months until recently, and when the train got to Hatton Cross it looked a bit like a train was about to leave for Terminal 4. Regrettably I wasn't able to get off at Hatton Cross to investigate what was going on because I needed to be in central London as quickly as possible. But there seemed to be airline staff wandering around, so maybe it's open for them, but whether they're actually checking who everyone is as they get on the train, I don't know.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I have no doubt that, for operational reasons, trains are still heading to Terminal 4, but these will be out of passenger service and you won't be able to either alight or use the station. Indeed, I don't believe the airport terminal is even open yet, so there would be no need for passenger calling trains!