Chesham to Amersham

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Chesham to Amersham

Post by greatkingrat »

It is the same rails at Amersham so I think it would count.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

But if coming from Great Missenden, the only rails in common are in the platform itself as Met trains don't now run (leastways not in service) beyond Amersham,

Which raises the question - how far do you have to travel on the 'same rails' for it to count? For example, if someone caught an Overground from Willesden to Gunnersbury and ran (say to Chiswick Park) from there, would that count as a visit to Gunnersbury as they would not have travelled from one station to the next but only from the junction.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I don't see why not. The challenge is about visiting stations, not covering every section of track, so as long as the train uses the same platform it should be OK.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I say any non-tube trains have to share a service with tube trains- travel between the same two consecutive stations. And use the same rails between stations. I'd actually say it doesn't matter if a different platform is used, like at Gunnersbury, so long as the route between the stations is otherwise on the same rails.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
quisquidillius
Zone 3

Post by quisquidillius »

RJSRdg wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 22:11 Which raises the question - how far do you have to travel on the 'same rails' for it to count? For example, if someone caught an Overground from Willesden to Gunnersbury and ran (say to Chiswick Park) from there, would that count as a visit to Gunnersbury as they would not have travelled from one station to the next but only from the junction.
Well, I think that the same rails rule says that the service used must run on the same rails as, and stop at the same station as a London Underground service. This implies that, in your scenario, Gunnersbury would not count as Willesden to Gunnersbury is not a London Underground service sharing the same rails as the London Overground service, (calling at the same stations).
Zone 1 Challenge (Olympics 2016): 3:44:31.67 - we were very unlucky indeed!
South London Challenge (Summer 2016): 1:58:40 - going to try again soon!
All Lines Challenge (August 2016): 44:38 - happy with this ... For now!