Easiest route, for those that just want a completion?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Easiest route, for those that just want a completion?

Post by A Challenge »

The Orange One wrote:
Elsie wrote:I am sorry if this is a stupid question but what does C2C stand for?
It's a train operating company operating services out of Fenchurch Street via West Ham and Upminster to Southend and Shoeburyness. What it stands for, nobody actually knows...
City 2 Sea (sounds like the letter 'C')

I think it is that anyway!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

The Orange One wrote:
Elsie wrote:I am sorry if this is a stupid question but what does C2C stand for?
It's a train operating company operating services out of Fenchurch Street via West Ham and Upminster to Southend and Shoeburyness. What it stands for, nobody actually knows...
I always thought it was City-to-City, but then it turned out i was just mishearing it. I still think it might be what it stands for.
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I always thought it stood for chumleyville to cuntsville.
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Thanks! I'd never heard of it before; we get a lot of news about the problems on SW trains but C2C is a new one for me. You live & learn!
Elsie
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Elsie wrote:Thanks! I'd never heard of it before; we get a lot of news about the problems on SW trains but C2C is a new one for me. You live & learn!
Where do you live? SWT are quite nice, thanks. I was on a SWT train this morning! DMU, if you wondered. A bit loud and a surprising number of people, on a Bristol Temple Meads service! Southern though...

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

A Challenge wrote:Where do you live? SWT are quite nice, thanks. I was on a SWT train this morning! DMU, if you wondered. A bit loud and a surprising number of people, on a Bristol Temple Meads service! Southern though...
North East Derbyshire :)
Elsie
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Elsie wrote:
A Challenge wrote:Where do you live? SWT are quite nice, thanks. I was on a SWT train this morning! DMU, if you wondered. A bit loud and a surprising number of people, on a Bristol Temple Meads service! Southern though...
North East Derbyshire :)
EMT are run by Stagecoach, like SWT so what is the problem (if it another operator sorry!)?

This should be in off topic chat!