Children in need tube challenge the film

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
palkanetoijala31

Re: Children in need tube challenge the film

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well lets answer this one logically shall we when coming back from watford the teams were together and i thought would stick together for the film for the rest of it but team kevin had the plans to get ahead so i thought straight away we shall do something differant. Dont forget i have no technology barely like phones etc and was clearly trying to juggle a lot of stuff like getting cameras ahead etc.

All in All it was clear that people were asking really stupid questions throughout the day i cant predict everything and cant babysit people or predict timings of where we will be at a certain time etc use a bit of thought also daz running pace was causing a lot of hold ups trains being have to left because he wasnt there i was etc i went ahead quite a few times to point man etc 307 at high barnet was a perfect example of this.

i appreciate the fact that people came out and helped us all day long with drinks and food even though i didnt take any and before the event people were dropping out like flies despite knowing in advance the date of challenge.

In all i learnt many things from this challenge it will be my last on the london underground that i willl mention on the forum i will retire next year in paris in septembre.

i took more buses in this challenge and learnt that my running pace is better now im more fit through doing parkruns.
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

Not entirely happy with your constant critism Any,you knew what my running pace was like,and hence the route to suit me and Myles,but I kept up until missing the bus at High Barnet,now at that point it would have been easy to give up but I walked from New Barnet to Cockfosters and showed a lot of determination to finish before the system shut down and that I did,so although you seem to forgotten that I am immensely proud of that achievement
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Das wrote:Not entirely happy with your constant critism Any,you knew what my running pace was like,and hence the route to suit me and Myles,but I kept up until missing the bus at High Barnet,now at that point it would have been easy to give up but I walked from New Barnet to Cockfosters and showed a lot of determination to finish before the system shut down and that I did,so although you seem to forgotten that I am immensely proud of that achievement
Good on ya!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
palkanetoijala31

it wasn't meant as a slight on daz and apologies for that but i can't predict movements if we have to I had to think on feet all the time and I'm currently ill sucking in all that tube dust so **** you tube geek.

go on bash Andy I'm sick and tired of all the work I do for u ******* ungrateful people organising a film which would be helpful running my guts out for each and every train listening to the absolute purile crap of i got a special route for tram its nonsense.

you know what will happen now dont you my friend who is pregnant will probably find another man and I miss out again because nobody realises what I do but eh **** you all and oh Neil seeing as I have got along with you just recently dont tell me to calm down don't tell me I'm wrong I have had it up to here with people at work here on this forum and in General life.

screw this tube challenge lark and **** you.
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

Calm down Andrew,if I could id cheer you up with a jug of ale,all in all we did well on Friday,at least 5 tube challengers completed the task with footage that will last forever,something we can all be very proud of
palkanetoijala31

calm down I'm sick of little brats like that whom have never met me wouldn't lift a finger to help and believe they are the best. ******* criticise someone when u have met them. I'm not sure he knows how long it took to write a few routes where u have to kind of guess running pace etc it's ******* hard it took me two years to get back my own record and I kno my running pace.

sick of people in life constantly running me down strange it's fine when people do to me but the second I do it back vitriol etc.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:calm down I'm sick of little brats like that whom have never met me wouldn't lift a finger to help and believe they are the best. f*****g criticise someone when u have met them. I'm not sure he knows how long it took to write a few routes where u have to kind of guess running pace etc it's f*****g hard it took me two years to get back my own record and I kno my running pace.

sick of people in life constantly running me down strange it's fine when people do to me but the second I do it back vitriol etc.
i was only saying to Das it was good that he was proud, and you misinterpreted it!

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Tube Geek wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:calm down I'm sick of little brats like that whom have never met me wouldn't lift a finger to help and believe they are the best. f*****g criticise someone when u have met them. I'm not sure he knows how long it took to write a few routes where u have to kind of guess running pace etc it's f*****g hard it took me two years to get back my own record and I kno my running pace.

i was only saying to Das it was good that he was proud, and you misinterpreted it!
maybe so but since u have joined it ain't the 1st time u have stuck ur nose where it ain't wanted learn the facts first I'm ill today because of all the stress people have put me under not just Friday but for the weeks leading up to it. I don't hear anybody saying thank you Andy for all the route planning just constant unwarranted criticism every ******* time I'm fed up with it.
palkanetoijala31

Tube Geek wrote:

maybe so but since u have joined it ain't the 1st time u have stuck ur nose where it ain't wanted learn the facts first I'm ill today because of all the stress people have put me under not just Friday but for the weeks leading up to it. I don't hear anybody saying thank you Andy for all the route planning just constant unwarranted criticism every ******* time I'm fed up with it.
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

The route was perfect,as was the one you did for me last year when I did it solo,so no complaints there,im still buzzing from the weekend,and it will take me some time to come down from this euphoria
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Andi

Although I didn't take part (owing to fitness and a prior commitment) I can appreciate the amount of work you put into this, so well done! And I'm truly appreciative of the advice you've previously given me for my own attempt at the FNC when I'm fully mobile again (and we get the GOBLIN back!). I have a lot of respect for anyone who's managed a completion, especially one as fast as your record. I for one will miss you from the Forum/Challenge events if you do indeed call it a day.

Richard
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Das wrote:The route was perfect
I should hope so it was 90% mine after the starting gambit and took months to piece together the NW corner buses, MHE and Woodford.... I will be wheeling this one out again for sure 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

Might even try this one solo next year for fun when the Overground bit is up and running again
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Andi,

I want to apologise if I annoyed/upset you. That was not the intention, I was just applauding Das, and it was easy to misunderstand.

Tube Geek

COYR
J.Nichols-Ageros
Zone 1

Post by J.Nichols-Ageros »

Well I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that day! Andi, Das, Kevin and everyone else - you were amazing! Each and every one of you put in a huge amount of effort and time to make this magical and outstanding day happen. The route planned was great and served its purpose well, despite the High Barnet issue. However that itself shaped out the rest of the day, everyone who was doing all 270 stations did so, and it was down to them individually, from sure determination! This is an outstanding achievement which needs to be looked back on positively and at the end of the day what we've created is film to look forward to watching and then remember till the day we die.

Just thought I'd share my view! Hope to see you all in the future.

A side note to Tube Geek, don't get involved with situations that don't involve you, you haven't met any of us before, you weren't there, so don't interfere - it won't do you any good in the future...

Many Thanks

Josh :) :) :)
Current London Trams Record Holder - 01:35:15

"Hold the doors! Hold the doors!"