GWR Site is reporting a new World Record time ...

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
palkanetoijala31

Re: GWR Site is reporting a new World Record time ...

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

geofftech wrote:Well I've always thought I could still be doing this at fifty, another 8 years left in me yet at least, then.

Being fit sure helps, but you don't need to be the fastest - just fast enough! I am not the fastest here if you look at the parkrun times. So you therefore just have to have a solid route on paper, and then just have repeated goes on the network, until you get a day when nothing breaks and perhaps a little bit of luck too. That's exactly what we had in Aug 2013, and sounds like what these guys had here! :-)
To be honest i dont think they did have good luck i think they had a good solid route but it is still beatable!.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

I have been told that it was Ronan McDonald's first shot at it, though whether it was Clive Burgess' I don't know; it seems to be Mr. Burgess who was the team leader.

EDIT: Just seen Geoff's post reminding us that this was not their first attempt, so this must be Mr. Burgess' second go at least. Or else my secondary account is wrong.
Last edited by The Orange One on 23 Apr 2015, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:To be honest i dont think they did have good luck i think they had a good solid route but it is still beatable!.
tufnellpark wrote himself, in this thread - that luck played its part ...
tufnellpark wrote:This was not our first attempt but the detailed planning paid off and luck certainly played its part. We used an Oyster card and the journey history is now a Guinness requirement. Good luck to anyone who attempts to set a new WR. And remember to plan the toilet stops!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

it was both their 2nd attempts at record we was told at zone 1 day clive is the route guy ronan is the runner so a bit like team geoff in some ways