"Independent Witnesses"

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
RJSRdg
All Zones

"Independent Witnesses"

Post by RJSRdg »

One question that's had me puzzled for a while - what constitutes an "independent witness"? I asked Guinness about this nearly 20 years ago when i first thought of doing the Challenge (and still haven't - hopefully this year if I can find a decent route!). Their reply seemed to indicate it had to be someone not personally known to me who had some standing in the local community.

How do you go about asking a perfect stranger to meet you at Chesham at 5:15 am and again at Heathrow 16 hours later? Can any of the record holders past or present on here advise?
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Re: "Independent Witnesses"

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

we have used a friend of ours called ian green for 2 of my 4 records,but im sure anybody with free time would be happy to start you off big community here,or ask of one your friends for example.
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

I don't think it has to be the same person,but then I don't know how they pass the stopwatch on,we asked Boris Johnson but he said 'How did you get this number?'
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Das wrote:I don't think it has to be the same person,but then I don't know how they pass the stopwatch on,we asked Boris Johnson but he said 'How did you get this number?'
It doesn't need to be the same person, but the stopwatch has to be passed on to the next person by the first witness if that makes sense!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver