Where can I find the 2009 route

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tubespotter
Zone 1

Where can I find the 2009 route

Post by tubespotter »

Hello,
I wish to do the tube challenge in may for charity and had herd the 2009 route from andi James and Steve Willson released their route after setting a new record in 2011.
Where could I find this route to use?
palkanetoijala31

Re: Where can I find the 2009 route

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tubespotter wrote:Hello,
I wish to do the tube challenge in may for charity and had herd the 2009 route from andi James and Steve Willson released their route after setting a new record in 2011.
Where could I find this route to use?
either by doing the hard way and researching all the labyrinths in number order or use the art for underground website or ask me by pm!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

One thing to be aware of - the route won't work well as it is because Kensington Olympia tubes don't run all day as they did in 2009.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Video of the route here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL4hhBnjznI

Interestingly I've been researching the route recently as well. As has been noted, it doesn't work quite so well owing to the changes to the Kenny O service. It is possible to work that in later on in the route, which I reckon adds about 20 minutes. There's also a 6 minute addition to the time in that the Goodge Street reversal now moves south to Tottenham Court Road owing to the closure of TCR on the Central Line. So I would have expected my calculations to have returned a time of 17:14 (bearing in mind that the Richmond and Heathrow trains are every 10 minutes) but my calculations are returning 17:24 so I'm still unsure where my other 10 minutes have gone!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!