Confused about closures

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Cheshire Cat
Zone 2

Confused about closures

Post by Cheshire Cat »

With an FNC not possible in August, I thought I'd try in Spring Half Term instead. I notice that there are various closures over the bank holiday weekend, notably the eastern end of the District, but I'm slightly confused: the list of closures (on the TfL site) shows this lasting until Monday, but the planned works calendar says Tuesday (although when you click on the box it says Monday). So which is it? I would prefer to do the challenge on Tues if possible, partly because of Travelodge costs but also I've commitments later in the week. Any advice? I'm not planning to go out east until early evening, so a slight over-run shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.
Metrolink 91 stations 6:27:01
FNC: 18:48:00
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Confused about closures

Post by RJSRdg »

Why is an FNC not possible in August?
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Ignore previous post - I have now found the answer elsewhere! (Victoria Line closed)
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Cheshire Cat wrote:With an FNC not possible in August, I thought I'd try in Spring Half Term instead. I notice that there are various closures over the bank holiday weekend, notably the eastern end of the District, but I'm slightly confused: the list of closures (on the TfL site) shows this lasting until Monday, but the planned works calendar says Tuesday (although when you click on the box it says Monday). So which is it? I would prefer to do the challenge on Tues if possible, partly because of Travelodge costs but also I've commitments later in the week. Any advice? I'm not planning to go out east until early evening, so a slight over-run shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.
This is a bug on the TfL site - closures are always shown as one extra day on the calendar, presumably because the last train affected is technically just gone midnight on Tuesday morning.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

greatkingrat wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:With an FNC not possible in August, I thought I'd try in Spring Half Term instead. I notice that there are various closures over the bank holiday weekend, notably the eastern end of the District, but I'm slightly confused: the list of closures (on the TfL site) shows this lasting until Monday, but the planned works calendar says Tuesday (although when you click on the box it says Monday). So which is it? I would prefer to do the challenge on Tues if possible, partly because of Travelodge costs but also I've commitments later in the week. Any advice? I'm not planning to go out east until early evening, so a slight over-run shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.
This is a bug on the TfL site - closures are always shown as one extra day on the calendar, presumably because the last train affected is technically just gone midnight on Tuesday morning.
a bug on tfl site never being sarcastically you go for earlier trains and the time goes back 15 mins plus you dont see anything in the middle 37,52,07,22 for example
Cheshire Cat
Zone 2

Post by Cheshire Cat »

greatkingrat wrote: This is a bug on the TfL site - closures are always shown as one extra day on the calendar, presumably because the last train affected is technically just gone midnight on Tuesday morning.
Thanks GKR. I thought it was something like that. Travelodge now booked.
Metrolink 91 stations 6:27:01
FNC: 18:48:00
Duncan
Zone 1

Post by Duncan »

Hello,

new to this lark and all that -

planning an attempt later in the year and I'm also confused about closures, specifically Tufnell Park. Its closing for 9 months so obviously the train wont be stopping there so can I still count that as a visited station?

I'd still count it as you've gone through it but what would be the official line?

Although this would be more an attempt to do all 270 stations rather than even attempt getting anywhere near a record time.

thanks in advance

D
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Yes, that is fine, the Guinness rules specifically mention that a pass-through is allowed if a station is closed for rebuilding (eg when Blackfriars was closed for a couple of years).
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

so is it just august when an FNC is not possible because of the victoria line or are there other times too?
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)