Tube Challenger

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Das
Zone 2

Tube Challenger

Post by Das »

Hello,firstly thank you for accepting me on this forum,I am Das a 51 year old English/Dutch father of 2,a recreational footballer and marathon plodder by day and HGV Driver by night and currently living in the New Forest.I have so far made one record attempt last April with my eldest daughter for Cancer Research after a practice run,although in the early 80s I made an attempt without knowledge of the challenge in the days of Ongar,Aldwych ect..I will be attemting it again next month for Alzheimers Research UK,Thank you,Das,
A2
Zone 4

Re: Tube Challenger

Post by A2 »

Hi Das,

You are more then welcome along to the forum and the general tube challenging community. We'd love to hear about your attempts although there is never an obligation to post a specific route and some of the mystery is working it out for yourself. That said there are people who are more than happy to point you in the right direction and a general wealth of information. There are also several events throughout the year where groups meet up for smaller challenges such as the infamous Zone One, and 6 Random 15 challenges / year, keep an eye on the 'Alternative Challenges' board for details on those if you fancy it, and they normally end up with a pint or two in a pub for darts and general tube challenge chat.

Good luck with your charity attempt next month!

Andrew
- Andrew
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

A pint?Yes definitely up for that Andrew,any advice on Kensington Olympia would be useful,the early ones are out of the question because of a Chesham start.
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

And I grew up in Stevenage mate.my sister still lives there,I come back once a year for the Fairlands Valley Challenge.