world record attempt

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: world record attempt

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:i think steven was under 18 when he set the record actually he still looks under 18 now :lol:
I was 31, and I now look 23.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Wasn't on of Bob Robinsons children only 13 when they broke the record.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I think they will accept 16-year-olds as part of a group that contains at least one adult. Also, Bob Robinson did the record when Guinness didn't have such stupid rules.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

I think i will just get my brother to send an application because he is 17 and will be coming with me on the day
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

that is strange as a person I do know whom is under that age of 16 was approved for the attempt! I presume that this is a totally new route from the very first attempt then because of the fact 18h 35m first time?.

I have now a total of 37 routes to work from my years of tube challenging its strange how some routes come back into play due to timetabling changes!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: its strange how some routes come back into play due to timetabling changes!

Exactly why I couldn't understand revealing full routes....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote: its strange how some routes come back into play due to timetabling changes!

Exactly why I couldn't understand revealing full routes....
me and steveo have released the labyrinth route but thats in public domain and we did that for obvious reasons i also reveled my slow attempts with people as nothing in them would be vaguely interesting lol.
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:that is strange as a person I do know whom is under that age of 16 was approved for the attempt! I presume that this is a totally new route from the very first attempt then because of the fact 18h 35m first time?.

I have now a total of 37 routes to work from my years of tube challenging its strange how some routes come back into play due to timetabling changes!
yes it is a very different route.

does anyone know whether it would be to late to send in an application to Guinness 2 days before we do the challenge
palkanetoijala31

i guess you have a claim number? if that so then the claim can be sorted after your actual attempt! but honestly if u think everything is going to plan on the day i think ur going to be in for a bit of a culture shock!

only once on labyrinth day funnily enough did everything work to a sort of norm.

i notice from your research ickenham to west ruislip 6 mins well that is ok but imagine getting out of uxbridge a minute later than u have planned that becomes 5! now i know a lot of people would baulk at 5 mins for that run!.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

It's a tough run in 5mins that equates to 4:37/km barrier to barrier still need to allow time for the steps at both stations.
And in that direction you have an uphill run
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

I've done it in 4:32 before but not when I'm really tired
palkanetoijala31

You might be able too but dont forget ur not solo ur only as strong as weakest link no offence to geoff here but anthony is obviously the faster runner.

I hate to ask what you believe u can do Cockfosters high Barnet in
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Tube_b wrote:I've done it in 4:32 before but not when I'm really tired
And with a rucksack with the days needs in as well and was that train to train :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Tube_b

Post by Tube_b »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:You might be able too but dont forget ur not solo ur only as strong as weakest link no offence to geoff here but anthony is obviously the faster runner.

I hate to ask what you believe u can do Cockfosters high Barnet in
i have allowed 20 minutes to get a run + bus connection have done this in 18 minutes before at a slow running pace
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:i guess you have a claim number? if that so then the claim can be sorted after your actual attempt! but honestly if u think everything is going to plan on the day i think ur going to be in for a bit of a culture shock!

only once on labyrinth day funnily enough did everything work to a sort of norm.

i notice from your research ickenham to west ruislip 6 mins well that is ok but imagine getting out of uxbridge a minute later than u have planned that becomes 5! now i know a lot of people would baulk at 5 mins for that run!.
Where is his research published?
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.