FART 2014

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: FART 2014

Post by greatkingrat »

As far as organising the event itself, pretty much all that needs to be done is selecting the date. If individual teams want support crew / cameramen / helicopters to follow them around that is up to them to sort out.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

greatkingrat wrote:As far as organising the event itself, pretty much all that needs to be done is selecting the date. If individual teams want support crew / cameramen / helicopters to follow them around that is up to them to sort out.
Exactly.

I will aim to gather opinions about dates about 3 months in advance next year, hopefully. Or perhaps whenever the date for an Olympia exhibition service is announced.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

Sorry it's a bit late but here's my log of the day :D

For me our day was relatively good but we didn't complete, we got to a bus stop from the hotel to get to the start however the driver told us there was a road tunnel fire so no busses could get in to The central bus station so to get to terminal 4 he said take another bus, which we did and we arrived at hatton cross in time to catch the train that we would be starting from ( we just picked it up 1 stop before) and whilst waiting we weren't going to stop at T123 and go through, but whilst we were in the tunnel it reopened and we stopped however, because we left T4 late we missed the 5:12 to T5 by 10 seconds and had to wait till the next one which meant we left T5 20 minutes later than we should have done, causing us to miss the depot trains on the Olympia line and we were already 30 odd minutes down, so down to Wimbledon and that area behaved itself quite well, and out on the tram to morden road, and discovered morden road to morden run is a lot quicker than doing Merton park to South Wimbledon and then down. By the time we got to morden we were actually only down by about 4 minutes which wasn't too bad at that point. As usual a very easy change at Brixton with a cross platform change. We then had a quick change up at harrow and weildstone (in and out within a minute) and back down to Kenton for the northwick park run.

Getting from stanmore to Edgware later on in the day was ok, we used a bus, which we missed one by a few minutes which was a bit annoying however it was only 5 minutes to the next one so not too bad. A bit later after Edgware we got to earls court having just missed an Olympia service (to try to make up the loss of station) so we popped up to HSK as we hadn't covered that yet, and back down and made it in time for the next Olympia train which was pleasing knowing that one of the big 3 was done, now just the others.

On our way up to Upminster we decided to get the district up and mainline back, as district was the first to leave west ham, on the way up we were on the first train (I think) to hit the signal failure so the driver ended up having to SPAD his way though. And then we got going, when we got to Upminster we had a very good change on to c2c, in and out within 4 minutes. I believe on the way down we passed trakakid doing the reverse of what we were doing when we were talking on twitter. Then I got a bit carried away, and got off 3 stations too early and we headed straight up to woodford direction and only realised when we were on the hainult loop, we did that not in the Order I would've liked to have done because there were no woodford via hainults on the board which meant a 12 minute wait at hainult for a connecting train, and then back down to rescue the stations after we had been to Epping. We tried to find the footpath between the walthamstow queens road and central but I have a feeling we went the wrong way I'm not sure because we ended up going through the houses which I have a feeling is the wrong way.

Down near north acton area we had a good run between west acton and north Ealing taking 6 minutes train to train, and a good run between west harrow and north harrow, at the west acton area we realised we may miss last train out of amersham if we had continued with our original plan, so we re planned but it didn't help much, when we got to moor park we realised we would definetly miss the last train out of amersham, so we though head back to Stratford but hit the jubilee on the way down to cover the most stations, as we hadn't covered those yet due to the route replan,

So when we finished we had hit 261 stations in 19:10:45 if we didn't have the problems we had in heathrow first thing, I reckon we would have got the remaining 9 easily however I have discovered a lot more from this attempt and it was all good fun, hopefully next time

Really enjoyed the day too :D
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

in regards to this i think you find daniel premilanary work good for next year if production values as high as this

https://vimeo.com/108163641
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Really nice video. thanks for sharing Andi
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

As per the discussions earlier on i think as andrew chilcraft can now see its not just the matter of organising it and getting the video people to follow you around. a certain amount of planning had to go into it dan was lucky enough to be actually quite quick and be able to at least follow most tube challengers around.

So yes i know that the august date for this has not be decided but at least you know it is august in principle would any teams like to be filmed for a documentary if the interest is there then at least can get the ball rolling sort of speak then andrew chilcraft can do his organising closer to the time with dan and his team and get the teams involved with their camera crew etc.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

The video is excellent, really looking forward to the final version if that's anything to go by. Really captured the tension building up to the doors opening
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
palkanetoijala31

Iain wrote:The video is excellent, really looking forward to the final version if that's anything to go by. Really captured the tension building up to the doors opening
that was the final version as far as im aware it was only a teaser for next years event.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Yeah when I said "final version" I meant next year's version
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)