Our New challenge attempt

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
samgunner
Zone 1

Our New challenge attempt

Post by samgunner »

Just wanted to say but me and my friends are now attempting to actually get around the tube! This time with an actual plan! Been training up and researching it for about 4 months now, still fine tweaking it! But we are also film making along with it.

Just an invite really as we are trying to get it out there, if you want to watch our videos on it please feel free to go here http://www.limepro.co.uk/underground

Let me know if you enjoy them or If I got anything wrong and yeah :) Just hope you might like it, if it's not your cup of tea, sorry and let me know what I can do better :)
palkanetoijala31

Re: Our New challenge attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

nice to see you finally got that site up and running good luck in next attempt if that is number 4 attempt then surely you should be getting down to under 17hours by now
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Glen and I are in double figures and we still haven't gone under 17 - it would have been close last time if the District line had behaved
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Iain wrote:Glen and I are in double figures and we still haven't gone under 17 - it would have been close last time if the District line had behaved

21 or 22 for me and still not under 17hrs,its tough kids trust me :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
samgunner
Zone 1

Post by samgunner »

It is definitely hard! We have a plan that we actually make it! We have 2 plans, a tight one and a lax one, that way we will complete it no matter what! I hope the website has done our attempt justice and I hope the videos I and my friends are making aren't boring! But we are always open to suggestions and I hope your enjoying them if you are choosing to follow them! Who knows one day we might get under 17 hours! Making it is first on the list though! aha!
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

- Get your carriages right
- Make sure the most difficult stuff is the stuff you're doing early on (something will break near the end of the day, it always does, and you have to hope it's something you've already done).
- Don't start anywhere in Zones 1, 2 or 3 (unless it's 0550 Kensington Olympia, there's a case for that).
- Have a recon day to check the runs. Doing alternative challenges may also help (but that's just me - I've never done any of the challenges but I've done all the major runs).

Good luck, and remember you should be finishing somewhere in Buckinghamshire.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.