New World Record

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: New World Record

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:Seeing as Geoff's actually deemed it safe to release his starting point of Chalfont and Latimer:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... d-stations

When I first joined the forum I started a discussion about reaching Chesham by foot from Amersham at the end of the challenge, and the pretty much unanimous decision was that the clock had to be stopped on arrival at Chalfont.
http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/index. ... =viewtopic

In this discussion (now edited out), Geoff said "we've had a route that's done something similar before" and I was a bit puzzled because none of his other attempts seemed to have a start/finish other than Amersham/Chesham. Now all is explained...
Everybody is well aware that geoff started at chalfont its not something new in the challenge but to the non tube challengers would instigate a significant saving. Perhaps Hugo seeing as you manage to get records 1st time out or 2nd perhaps this is the one you should have a go at it?
I didn't know he started at Chalfont.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

well keep up with news then Neil
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Everybody is well aware that geoff started at chalfont its not something new in the challenge but to the non tube challengers would instigate a significant saving. Perhaps Hugo seeing as you manage to get records 1st time out or 2nd perhaps this is the one you should have a go at it?
I was unaware he started there - when the record page first changed it only said he ended at Heathrow T5, and I haven't checked since. As far as I knew at the time, every sensible challenge attempt had either started or ended at Amersham or Chesham.

I will, when I can find the time. Currently I can only spare Saturday mornings (or on very rare occasions afternoons), and I'm still looking for routes that could bring me anywhere close - my current favourite sees me come at around 17 hours.

At Andi speed (which is approximately Mach 25), it's 16 hours 16 minutes, involving such lovely plays as a 0 minute change from High Barnet southbound to MHE shuttle, a 2 minute run from Cockfosters to the 307 road, whatever it's called, and a 0 minute change from Woodford via Hainault to Epping train at Woodford.

If you can make that MHE, my route is supposed to have a 'perfect three'.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:well keep up with news then Neil
Sorry, FORMER world record holder.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

tubeguru wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:well keep up with news then Neil
Sorry, FORMER world record holder.
Points you in the direction of the other subforum...
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

The Orange One wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Everybody is well aware that geoff started at chalfont its not something new in the challenge but to the non tube challengers would instigate a significant saving. Perhaps Hugo seeing as you manage to get records 1st time out or 2nd perhaps this is the one you should have a go at it?
I was unaware he started there - when the record page first changed it only said he ended at Heathrow T5, and I haven't checked since. As far as I knew at the time, every sensible challenge attempt had either started or ended at Amersham or Chesham.

I will, when I can find the time. Currently I can only spare Saturday mornings (or on very rare occasions afternoons), and I'm still looking for routes that could bring me anywhere close - my current favourite sees me come at around 17 hours.

At Andi speed (which is approximately Mach 25), it's 16 hours 16 minutes, involving such lovely plays as a 0 minute change from High Barnet southbound to MHE shuttle, a 2 minute run from Cockfosters to the 307 road, whatever it's called, and a 0 minute change from Woodford via Hainault to Epping train at Woodford.

I Would probably not reveal my fastest theoretical time but I would never rely on a 0minute connection and seeing as you so fast why u think your 16h 16m wont work?
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:

I Would probably not reveal my fastest theoretical time but I would never rely on a 0minute connection and seeing as you so fast why u think your 16h 16m wont work?
It doesn't matter if I reveal my theoretical fastest time, all that could possibly betray is:
1) I have a chance of getting a record.
2) Possibly where I am starting and finishing - I'll tell you for free it's a Heathrow start, Chesham finish. This doesn't tell you anything about my route. There are many, many routes from Heathrow to Chesham.

As for the 0 minute connection, provided there aren't too many problems it should be fine using other top secret methods.

Just because I have records, doesn't mean I'm fast!
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
palkanetoijala31

BUT it also means your not slow either!
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: I Would probably not reveal my fastest theoretical time
Except that you did once. And I know what it is, and when I heard it I thought you were running at Concorde speed.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
palkanetoijala31

And thats what i tell you my fastest theoretical route i come with 10 differant routes since then.
palkanetoijala31

And thats what i tell you my fastest theoretical route i come with 10 differant routes since then.