'Bladder of Steel'

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: 'Bladder of Steel'

Post by Going Underground »

Another passenger used the toilet as we boarded the C2C last week and then I kindly let Nozza go so when it was my turn the light was green but the door wouldn't open... :( Next chance was at Epping but the board showed 2 mins and departing train was on wrong platform for toilets and soon changed to 1 min so too risky... I was then on a run and that is really difficult, it's OK sitting still but not bouncing around :lol: So I had to disappear into the bushes for a comfort break and then try and catch Nozza up again :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

The toilet on our c2c was broken, although it was otherwise a good one as it didn't stop at Barking, saving a minute or two.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Iain wrote:The toilet on our c2c was broken, although it was otherwise a good one as it didn't stop at Barking, saving a minute or two.
Secrets! There you go everyone... :P
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Ever since the calamities on my first ever full network http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/index. ... c&start=15, I've taken the opportunity to go (& not just to empty my bladder) at every possible opportunity that does not risk missing a connection, whether I need it or not. (And with a suitable dose of Loperamide hyydrochloride before I set off, usually not.)

On Tuesday, I visited conveniences seven times - I'm sure you didn't really want to know that.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I agree with what you are saying Nigel, I honestly don't believe I had a chance from 10am til finish.

*Actually, could have gone at Finchley Central but it didn't cross my mind.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I tend to pee whenever I get the chance even if I could hold it for another few hours. I had about six pints of drink with me so I'm surprised I only needed to pee three times during the run
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

I think my bladder is probably the weakest out of all of yours.. I remember one time I had a wee at Northwick Park, hopped on a Watford train and needed to go again at Watford :o
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Rhys1995 wrote:I think my bladder is probably the weakest out of all of yours.. I remember one time I had a wee at Northwick Park, hopped on a Watford train and needed to go again at Watford :o
I wouldn't be so sure... I go to the toilet A LOT!!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Sam wrote:
Rhys1995 wrote:I think my bladder is probably the weakest out of all of yours.. I remember one time I had a wee at Northwick Park, hopped on a Watford train and needed to go again at Watford :o
Perhaps because you are both as thin the bladder is smaller hence you can't store as much liquid
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Sam wrote:
Perhaps because you are both as thin the bladder is smaller hence you can't store as much liquid
Doesn't explain why my mother goes more than I do though, she's large

palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well guessing your mum is around retirement age the bowels are

About the same the muscles will weaken so the largest mass will of actually
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Well guessing your mum is around retirement age the bowels are

About the same the muscles will weaken so the largest mass will of actually
I'm not sure that's even written in English

greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Its game new a. You rearrange a complete words form sentence the to.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Sam wrote:Quiet tube carriage with no one around, you keep the lid and dispose of it at first opportunity.
I did that at Watford on Comic Relief (after opening every door on the train for fun :P)
Nigel wrote:Ever since the calamities on my first ever full network http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/index. ... c&start=15, I've taken the opportunity to go (& not just to empty my bladder) at every possible opportunity that does not risk missing a connection, whether I need it or not. (And with a suitable dose of Loperamide hyydrochloride before I set off, usually not.)

On Tuesday, I visited conveniences seven times - I'm sure you didn't really want to know that.
Iain wrote:I tend to pee whenever I get the chance even if I could hold it for another few hours. I had about six pints of drink with me so I'm surprised I only needed to pee three times during the run
I agree, I go at every available chance I get just in case. On Comic Relief, I think I went three times close together simply because I had the chance to.
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

garion24wales wrote:On Comic Relief, I think I went three times close together simply because I had the chance to.
Is that where the name comes from?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games