Just a few questions about the tube challenge

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Just a few questions about the tube challenge

Post by mrredrunner100 »

hi
sorry if this is in the wrong section, if so please feel free to move it

me and my friend are planning another attempt and i just needed to ask a few questions, when doing the olympia branch, im guessing you have to go either in or out on district and you can't use southern or overground trains and just visit the platform, is this correct? also when doing a GWR attempt do you actually have to send an application to GWR to say your doing the attempt before the attempt, or can you just send the proof off to them and they validate it (if your under the world record time) or do you have to apply, attempt and send or can you do it in a different order, i know you don't need an indudicator with you, just an independant timer. i mean can you just send it straight to them or do you have to apply or can that be done when you send the data off?

any help would be appreaciated :D

thanks
mrredrunner100
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Just a few questions about the tube challenge

Post by Going Underground »

mrredrunner100 wrote:hi
sorry if this is in the wrong section, if so please feel free to move it

me and my friend are planning another attempt and i just needed to ask a few questions, when doing the olympia branch, im guessing you have to go either in or out on district and you can't use southern or overground trains and just visit the platform, is this correct? That is correct

also when doing a GWR attempt do you actually have to send an application to GWR to say your doing the attempt before the attempt, or can you just send the proof off to them and they validate it (if your under the world record time) or do you have to apply, attempt and send or can you do it in a different order, i know you don't need an indudicator with you, just an independant timer. i mean can you just send it straight to them or do you have to apply or can that be done when you send the data off? You need to contact them prior and give them the intended date

any help would be appreaciated :D

thanks
mrredrunner100
And good luck :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

its probably best that u do get a claim number then u can track any claim before the attempt and after if successful.

regarding olympia unless its a special event day u must either visit from the train 05:50 at kensington olmypia or 06:06,06:15,06:24,06:32 or 19:58 or 20:38

similary you can go into ken o at 19:45 or 20:25 from earls court

why dont u speak to geoff on here
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

awesome thanks for the help. also just another thing that popped into my mind when doing the route recording are you meant to count back track or can you just leave them out?

thanks
mrredrunner100
Best FNC time
palkanetoijala31

mrredrunner100 wrote:awesome thanks for the help. also just another thing that popped into my mind when doing the route recording are you meant to count back track or can you just leave them out?

thanks
mrredrunner100
when u route recording you have to log the station name and time arrive and depart or just one of the two if just arriving or departing,try and get train number at the front or back of the trains these are most useful for verification of where you are.

not sure what u mean by count back you can always go like Chesham station 1 Chalfont 2 Amersham 3 Chorleywood 4 etc its up to you how you record it.
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

scrxisi wrote:I think they mean logging times for stations already visited? You have to log times at all stations every time you visit them...
yep, thats what i meant, so even if we have passed through the same station eilier on in the day so for example;
theydon bois to epping then you pass through on the way back, i guess you would have to record theydon bois both times, is that right?
Best FNC time
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

ok awesome, thanks for the help :D
Best FNC time
palkanetoijala31

I noticed at the start its another attempt so is this the 2nd 3rd etc?
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I noticed at the start its another attempt so is this the 2nd 3rd etc?
its our second attempt we didn't get a full completion though on the first attempt. hopefully this time :)
Best FNC time