Delays, delays, delays

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Delays, delays, delays

Post by hopeful traveller »

Tube delays rose after December 2003 but have now fallen again back to Dec' '03 levels. This takes into account all claims, refunds awarded, reported delays, customer satisfaction rates, et cetera.

However, on the challenge, we hear increasingly of unsuccessful 'delayed' attempts.

Is this a possible explanation to incorporate both?

Geoff, quite a while ago now, hypothesised a time with the East London Line included. To my mind, this shows that route planning has come on a lot in the last few years. This means that one is less likely to have a flexible route and one is more likely to run into trouble.

For example:

In the good old/bad old days:

Your route goes Earl's Court :arrow: Richmond :arrow: Acton Town :arrow: Heathrow :arrow: Uxbridge :arrow: Ickenham :arrow: West Ruislip :arrow: Wood Lane/Shepherd's Bush :arrow: Hammersmith :arrow: Zone 1.

Richmond branch is suspended when you get to Earl's Court.

Your route can be changed to Earl's Court :arrow: Acton Town :arrow: Heathrow :arrow: Uxbridge :arrow: Ickenham :arrow: West Ruislip :arrow: Wood Lane/Shepherd's Bush :arrow: Hammersmith :arrow: Richmond :arrow: Zone 1.

Nowadays:

Your route goes Hammersmith :arrow: Paddington :arrow: Harrow Weald :arrow: Preston Road :arrow: Uxbridge :arrow: Ickenham :arrow: West Ruislip :arrow: North Acton :arrow: Ealing Broadway :arrow: Acton Town :arrow: Richmond :arrow: Heathrow.

Richmond branch is suspended when you get to Ealing Broadway.

You are stuffed.

See my point?
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
palkanetoijala31

Re: Delays, delays, delays

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

in theroy there is nothing to stop him doing heathrow first and hope richmond clears whilst he does it though.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Today's record is so much tighter than it was 5 to 10 years ago . One 10 min delay will cost you the record these days where ten years ago you could be 30 mins down and still achieve a record. So with that said you can have only a third of the delays now and your record attempt is ruined.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I don't see your point at all.

Also, Wood Lane only opened in 2008.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

RHYS IS A POLITICIAN IT DOESNT HAVE TO MAKE SENSE! when speaking to some high ups in tfl the figures are somewhat massaged to put tfl in a good light.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:RHYS IS A POLITICIAN
Correction: he's a kid who thinks he's a politician as opposed to most politicians, who behave like kids.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA