Art on the Underground, Labyrinth route

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Art on the Underground, Labyrinth route

Post by RJSRdg »

Sam wrote:Plus, surely they ran the Aldgates and also ran Gunnersbury to Chiswick Park...
That time of night, I'm not sure running would make any difference - you'd still end up catching the same train when you got there!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

RJSRdg wrote:
Sam wrote:Plus, surely they ran the Aldgates and also ran Gunnersbury to Chiswick Park...
That time of night, I'm not sure running would make any difference - you'd still end up catching the same train when you got there!
looking at the logbook of the day this is actually incorrect we ran into chiswick park station and literally 5 seconds later the train comes into station i doubt we would have time to double back turnham green.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

The current timetable shows trains every 10 minutes on both the Richmond and Ealing branches of the District Line.

As an example the 21:10 from Gunnersbury gets into Turnham Green at 21:13. There's then a 4 minute gap until the 21:17 to Ealing comes along and gets to CP at 21:19. The previous Ealing train should call at CP at 21:09.

Of course the timetables may well have changed since the 16:44 run, or perhaps the 21:09 was running late that day.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

RJSRdg wrote:The current timetable shows trains every 10 minutes on both the Richmond and Ealing branches of the District Line.

As an example the 21:10 from Gunnersbury gets into Turnham Green at 21:13. There's then a 4 minute gap until the 21:17 to Ealing comes along and gets to CP at 21:19. The previous Ealing train should call at CP at 21:09.

Of course the timetables may well have changed since the 16:44 run, or perhaps the 21:09 was running late that day.
i believe we had a late running richmond train we knew we had 4 mins to get the train at chiswick park.
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

RJSRdg wrote:The current timetable shows trains every 10 minutes on both the Richmond and Ealing branches of the District Line.

If you think every tube train runs to time, then you have a lot to learn.

Running Gunnersbury to Chiswick Park doesn't guarantee you'll gain a train, but does give you that possibility. Continuing on the train from Gunnersbury to Turnham Green gives you no such possibility. If you're aiming for a record, which option would you choose?
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Very true...

But then, you haven't seen me run -not so much Roger Bannister as Minnie Bannister!