Another proposed attempt

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Nigel
Zone 5

Another proposed attempt

Post by Nigel »

Just found this JustGiving page for another full network attempt that is supposed to be happening this Friday: http://www.justgiving.com/luca2

He doesn't seem to have raised much sponsorship so far. Also it's described as a second attempt. Although he doesn't say how the first went, an internet search reveals that he did not complete.
palkanetoijala31

Re: Another proposed attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I believe that this attempt is postponed but on a differant forum nigel!just by reading the person involved?
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I believe that this attempt is postponed but on a differant forum nigel!just by reading the person involved?
I've not seen it mentioned on another forum, perhaps you could say where?
palkanetoijala31

Nigel wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:I believe that this attempt is postponed but on a differant forum nigel!just by reading the person involved?
I've not seen it mentioned on another forum, perhaps you could say where?
To be honest i have seen the name Matt dyer where i cant remember i have a funny feeling the attempt is renamed and differant people involved or more team members?
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Seems to be with the rise in Twitter and YouTube in the last couple of years, the amount of recorded attempts seems to be increasing. We need to spread the word!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

I think we should probably do an advertising campaign on Facebook and Twitter to promote this site, hey why not? If you're sad enough that is.
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
palkanetoijala31

In the end he did do his attempt 17h 53m but only 250 stations
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Still a credible attempt. Might be worth contacting him.
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Rhys1995 wrote:Still a credible attempt. Might be worth contacting him.
250 is only really credible if there are huge disruptions on the network. Even when the central line flooded I did 254 :P
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
mattdyer2011
Zone 1

Post by mattdyer2011 »

Hi Everyone,

I know this is pretty old but i stumbled across this today...I am Matt.

My first attempt was not completed - mainly due to lack of experience and knowledge (and i was quite unfit then so was absolutely shattered)
My Second attempt wasn't much better due to 3 signal failures on the day. 17hrs 59 i finished in the end

The charity page that you see listed above was only an addition to sponsorship forms. in all i raised approx £300.

Thanks Guys :)

Matt
Matt :)
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

mattdyer2011 wrote: My Second attempt wasn't much better due to 3 signal failures on the day. 17hrs 59 i finished in the end
Matt - do you know how many seconds it was, so I can add you to the top times list? If not, don't worry, I'll add you as 17:59:59.
mattdyer2011
Zone 1

Post by mattdyer2011 »

17:59:29 - cheers Nigel.
Matt :)
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Top times list now updated - apologies for the delay, I've been away.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Resurrecting an old thread, an odd discussion at work today revealed that a colleague is friends with Matt Dyer! It was a bit strange to mention 'tube challenging' and not have to explain everything. :lol:
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
ANDY_JS
Zone 2

Post by ANDY_JS »

At the start of this year I hadn't even heard of the Tube Challenge despite being interested in the Tube for many years. Between January and March I managed to come up with a route that takes 16 hours 13 minutes which is one minute faster than the time that used to be the world record before the current record. Since then I've managed to make savings of 15 minutes in the middle of the day, although I haven't yet been able to make those savings feed through into the final time. So the situation at the moment is that I'm 28 minutes short of the world record, and I've theoretically saved 15 of those 28 minutes, although not practically speaking. I think I'm just one big idea away from cracking it but I haven't made any progress at all for about 4 weeks.