New idea for a challenge!

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: New idea for a challenge!

Post by tubeguru »

Talking of sitting in pubs, I like to play "pub one-day cricket".

Two people sit in a pub window, with a view of the street. You then agree on certain things you may see which count as various numbers of runs, and getting out. So, for example:

Person with red coat - one run
Person wearing a hat - two runs
... and so on ..
A yellow car - six runs.
Girl talking on her phone - OUT.

The first person starts their "innings", and counts all their runs up, losing a "wicket" each time the OUT thing happens (it could be anything really, but not something too common). The other person then has their innings, using the same scoring system. Whoever has the most runs wins!

Simple really. Works well on rainy days - umbrellas are worth one run for example.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

tubeguru wrote:Talking of sitting in pubs, I like to play "pub one-day cricket".

Two people sit in a pub window, with a view of the street. You then agree on certain things you may see which count as various numbers of runs, and getting out. So, for example:

Person with red coat - one run
Person wearing a hat - two runs
... and so on ..
A yellow car - six runs.
Girl talking on her phone - OUT.

The first person starts their "innings", and counts all their runs up, losing a "wicket" each time the OUT thing happens (it could be anything really, but not something too common). The other person then has their innings, using the same scoring system. Whoever has the most runs wins!

Simple really. Works well on rainy days - umbrellas are worth one run for example.
Or for the more hardcore foolhardy, there's this particular scoring method: http://www.fleetpubcrawl.com/pub-cricket/
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

I can't see the idea of wetting nappies as a challenge hitting on either :wink:
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I have an idea regarding nappies. People do the challenge as normal, except that they are wearing nappies. They must each have a pint of whatever they like every hour, on the hour. When a challenger wets his nappy, he aborts his attempt, counts the stations that he's visited and that's his score. The challenger with the highest score wins, unless two or more people complete the challenge before wetting their nappies, in which case the best time wins.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

And you're going to be checking their nappies for cheating are you?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I don't like this challenge. I have no chance :(
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Starkey7 wrote:I have an idea regarding nappies. People do the challenge as normal, except that they are wearing nappies. They must each have a pint of whatever they like every hour, on the hour. When a challenger wets his nappy, he aborts his attempt, counts the stations that he's visited and that's his score. The challenger with the highest score wins, unless two or more people complete the challenge before wetting their nappies, in which case the best time wins.
Of course, if Guinness are going to endorse this challenge, they may insist that it has to be a pint of Guinness that's drunk every hour.

They may also want hourly witness statements and photos to proove that the nappy is still unsoiled...