Italians on tubechallenge

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
banjots
Zone 1

Italians on tubechallenge

Post by banjots »

Looking forward for my attempt the 12.12 I would like to know if someone else italian did it before and if he completed all 270 stations.
I could win my first record... the first italian doing the tube challenge also whitout the 270/270

:D
palkanetoijala31

Re: Italians on tubechallenge

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

well i imagine there are some italians who live in the london area and over a certain course of time have managed to visit all 270 stations.but i doubt there has been anyone brave of daft enough to attempt all 270 on same day so if u complete then record be urs.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:well i imagine there are some italians who live in the london area and over a certain course of time have managed to visit all 270 stations.but i doubt there has been anyone brave of daft enough to attempt all 270 on same day so if u complete then record be urs.
I very much doubt that over the course of time all 270 would ever be visited randomly...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I would imagine that 95% of Londoners, if not more, have not visited more than 50% of the tube stations.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Going Underground wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:well i imagine there are some italians who live in the london area and over a certain course of time have managed to visit all 270 stations.but i doubt there has been anyone brave of daft enough to attempt all 270 on same day so if u complete then record be urs.
I very much doubt that over the course of time all 270 would ever be visited randomly...
depends on how much of a clubber they were and living in amersham or chesham i guess u do a lot more stations than most.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Going Underground wrote:
depends on how much of a clubber they were and living in amersham or chesham i guess u do a lot more stations than most.
People living in Amersham will be commuters who use the tube for one thing - going into Zone 1. Why would they ever find themselves going to Epping, Edgware or Morden by tube? I doubt many would be doing that on a regular basis.

Member of sweet FA
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Before I started Tube Challenging I think over the course of many years living in London I had probably been to every station except Heathrow Terminal 5. I'd not been there before because it's a new station and I have never caught a plane from that terminal. But I may be a bit unusual in that I like exploring and going on walks round the edge of London. In fact, when I first started living here, London Transport used to publish a series of books of country walks which tended to start and finish at terminus stations. Does anyone else remember these books or are you all too young?
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

tubeguru wrote:I would imagine that 95% of Londoners, if not more, have not visited more than 50% of the tube stations.
I'd say you have an 85% chance of being right, with 70% certainty.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Root wrote:
tubeguru wrote:I would imagine that 95% of Londoners, if not more, have not visited more than 50% of the tube stations.
I'd say you have an 85% chance of being right, with 70% certainty.
73% of statistics are made up...
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Nigel wrote:I may be a bit unusual in that I like exploring and going on walks round the edge of London. In fact, when I first started living here, London Transport used to publish a series of books of country walks which tended to start and finish at terminus stations. Does anyone else remember these books or are you all too young?
I don't remember these books. But you're not unusual in liking to explore the edges of London; I like doing that too. That's how I first came to visit every tube station, over the course of 18 years.

As a result, I was then challenged by a friend to do it in 18 hours. That's how I got into this Tube Challenging thing...
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I don't get why you are 'picking' on tubeguru. If something is imagined, it is surely not a statistic?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Stop picking on me everyone. I'll go and cry to my mum.

Member of sweet FA
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Even if someone has visited all of the 'normal' stations, I highly doubt that they'd have visited all of the Heathrow stations, or MHE/Olympia for that matter.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

snudge27 wrote:Even if someone has visited all of the 'normal' stations, I highly doubt that they'd have visited all of the Heathrow stations, or MHE/Olympia for that matter.
Long before I took up tube challenging I'd been to Olympia many times (not surprisingly for exhibitions!). Mill Hill East I think I'd only visited once previously - I arrived there to catch a train home after a walk following the Dollis Brook.
Cheshire Cat
Zone 2

Post by Cheshire Cat »

They're also unlikely to have done the 'slow lines' where they are paralleled by a quicker route eg Jubilee between Baker St and Wembley Park, or Disctict between Hammersmith and Acton Town, unless they live on those stretches of course.
Metrolink 91 stations 6:27:01
FNC: 18:48:00