Goldhawk Road

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Goldhawk Road

Post by Rhys1995 »

Been planning my inevitable 10th tube and an idea I have at the moment includes me going from Paddington - Goldhawk Road (this is near to the end provisionally of my challenge) and at the moment I am looking at hitting Goldhawk Road and then double backing up to Wood Lane to connect with White City. HOWEVER, in planning so at the moment I'm going to be waiting about 5 minutes or so at Goldhawk and I just wonder if it'd be quicker to get out and run to White City. Can anyone help?
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
moley
Site Administrator

Re: Goldhawk Road

Post by moley »

But how will you cover off Hammersmith (Circle & HC) if you double back at Goldhawk Road?
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

I'm doing that earlier, Upminster start to West Kensington, then Olympia, Earl's Court then Gunnersbury so my bases are covered.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Rhys1995 wrote:I'm doing that earlier, Upminster start to West Kensington, then Olympia, Earl's Court then Gunnersbury so my bases are covered.
Still doesn't take out Hammersmith H&C, though.
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Okay, looks like I'm going all the way to Hammersmith then!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

snudge27 wrote:
Rhys1995 wrote:I'm doing that earlier, Upminster start to West Kensington, then Olympia, Earl's Court then Gunnersbury so my bases are covered.
interesting if ur going to gunnersbury after Earls court then why in the first place r u continuing to West kensington to run to ken o surely u knock that out on the way to Gunnersbury!
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
snudge27 wrote:
interesting if ur going to gunnersbury after Earls court then why in the first place r u continuing to West kensington to run to ken o surely u knock that out on the way to Gunnersbury!
I would do the same as Rhys. There's no way I could do the extra 700m it is to run from EC to KO (compared to West Ken to KO), quicker than the 2 minutes it takes the tube to go 1 more stop to West Ken.
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Have to agree, it's only 2 minutes extra on the tube to West Ken, and plus I checked and I wouldn't exactly gain anything because there's a huge wait (can't remember exactly but I think it was in the 20 minute margin once I get to EC); it works out.
palkanetoijala31

Rhys1995 wrote:Have to agree, it's only 2 minutes extra on the tube to West Ken, and plus I checked and I wouldn't exactly gain anything because there's a huge wait (can't remember exactly but I think it was in the 20 minute margin once I get to EC); it works out.
So if the tube gets stuck at Earls Court waiting for a driver change for 5 mins i remember ur words u have 13 mins to walk it easily and u have a 9 min wait for a train to richmond from e court
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

There speaks a man of experience!

I guess depending on the JP is a dangerous game to play.
2 attempts
2 completions
palkanetoijala31

Urzzz1871 wrote:There speaks a man of experience!

I guess depending on the JP is a dangerous game to play.
true why make it harder for urself relying on what if,s if u go down the far end of the platform at earls court westbound u frequently get 2 drivers there chatting to each other (plus that hot looking bird with her paddle) take High Barnet for example waiting for a 307 bus might seem like a good idea but i bet i be in New barnet before it turns up.
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

That's a shame cos my lungs and legs were banking on a 307 turning up on time next week! :shock:
2 attempts
2 completions
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Exactamundo. It's more practical for me to get the 307 as I'd get there earlier :wink: self explanatory why.
palkanetoijala31

Rhys1995 wrote:Exactamundo. It's more practical for me to get the 307 as I'd get there earlier :wink: self explanatory why.
Ok well if im on ur support crew unless the 307 is there waiting for u at hb i bet u a pint (or the money to buy a pint) i make cockfosters before u do.