Would like to try the challenge one day!

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
crispy1978
Zone 1

Would like to try the challenge one day!

Post by crispy1978 »

New to the forum, but been aware of the Tube Challenge for a while.

It's one of those things I'd live to have a go at but not sure I could ever manage it!
I've got the message - you won't see me here again. BYE.
Cheshire Cat
Zone 2

Re: Would like to try the challenge one day!

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Welcome to the forum, Crispy. Half the fun is all the planning and research anyway. You could always have a practice day where you try out some of your route and see whether you're up to doing a Full Network. Or there are various alternative challenges (such as the Zone 1) which will be taking place shortly as part of the Tube Olympics. Take a look in the Alternative Challenges topic if you're interested.
Metrolink 91 stations 6:27:01
FNC: 18:48:00
crispy1978
Zone 1

Post by crispy1978 »

Cheshire Cat wrote:Welcome to the forum, Crispy. Half the fun is all the planning and research anyway. You could always have a practice day where you try out some of your route and see whether you're up to doing a Full Network. Or there are various alternative challenges (such as the Zone 1) which will be taking place shortly as part of the Tube Olympics. Take a look in the Alternative Challenges topic if you're interested.
Thanks - yeah, I have quite a "planning" brain - I've seen a few websites of some of the guys (and girls) who have done it and it seems that a heck of a lot of hard work and dedication goes in to finding the "perfect" route. I like the idea as well that you can plan what on paper is World Record material, but if luck isn't on your side that day, then it isn't going to be!
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

Exactly! There is a lot of joy and pain generally - you seem to have a good idea! :)

There's lots of the other challenges taking place soon too as Cheshire Cat mentions, why not have a go at one of those to get a taster for it? Everything is possible!
crispy1978
Zone 1

Post by crispy1978 »

Well, I'm having a look at planning a route. Whether it will actually go in to fruition is a different matter!

Seeing on paper how quick (or slow! :lol: :lol: ) it actually is!

The GWR will be very safe I think!