tfl what r u doing?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
palkanetoijala31

tfl what r u doing?

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Oh my god they have changed the route planner in tfl NO LIKE No LIKE!
Nigel
Zone 5

Re: tfl what r u doing?

Post by Nigel »

I see that it looks a bit different, but from an initial examination does it not have the same functionality as before, or am I missing something?
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

tried it and like it now you can use maps and streets to input and less scrolling needed.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

So this thread is the forum equivalent of people moaning about Facebook changing the layout every so often?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

tubeguru wrote:So this thread is the forum equivalent of people moaning about Facebook changing the layout every so often?
What, they changed facebook AGAIN?

At least I like Journey Planner timeline.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

tractakid wrote:
tubeguru wrote:So this thread is the forum equivalent of people moaning about Facebook changing the layout every so often?
What, they changed facebook AGAIN?

At least I like Journey Planner timeline.
No Like cant continue ur journey looks horrible time doesnt update itself etc.Me writing complaint as i speak.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I always use the text-only version anyway which is much quicker and hasn't changed

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/bcl/XS ... anguage=en
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I think that it's all right, apart from the idiocy of having to choose between "Hammersmith Dist+Picc." and "Hammersmith District and Piccadilly Underground station" and basically three or four incantations of the same thing.
palkanetoijala31

Starkey7 wrote:I think that it's all right, apart from the idiocy of having to choose between "Hammersmith Dist+Picc." and "Hammersmith District and Piccadilly Underground station" and basically three or four incantations of the same thing.
its ok if u just doing 1 trip it looks better but if u doing several ongoing its not so good doing a full 270 route takes a lot longer than it used too.And the minutes atre rounded up to 15 now so u have to remember to go lower and remember ur time is that better NO!
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
its ok if u just doing 1 trip it looks better but if u doing several ongoing its not so good doing a full 270 route takes a lot longer than it used too.And the minutes atre rounded up to 15 now so u have to remember to go lower and remember ur time is that better NO!
You can type in the exact minutes you require which overrides the drop down box. Also, there is still an option to carry on with an onward journey, but are you saying that used to start at the time you had reached, which, if so, I agree it doesn't appear to any more?
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:its ok if u just doing 1 trip it looks better but if u doing several ongoing its not so good doing a full 270 route takes a lot longer than it used too.And the minutes atre rounded up to 15 now so u have to remember to go lower and remember ur time is that better NO!
What you have to remember though Andi is that the majority of people who would be using it aren't doing a 270 route, and know that they need to leave 'around quarter past 11' not 'at 1113 precisely'.
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
palkanetoijala31

RichieG wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:its ok if u just doing 1 trip it looks better but if u doing several ongoing its not so good doing a full 270 route takes a lot longer than it used too.And the minutes atre rounded up to 15 now so u have to remember to go lower and remember ur time is that better NO!
What you have to remember though Andi is that the majority of people who would be using it aren't doing a 270 route, and know that they need to leave 'around quarter past 11' not 'at 1113 precisely'.
Hm was it confusing before i dont think so this is what consumer questionaires do i think not better !
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Nigel wrote:You can type in the exact minutes you require which overrides the drop down box. Also, there is still an option to carry on with an onward journey, but are you saying that used to start at the time you had reached, which, if so, I agree it doesn't appear to any more?
The Journey Planner as I remember it never carried the time forward when you told it you wanted to make an onward journey. It should, obviously.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings