Tube Fail

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
geofftech
All Zones

Tube Fail

Post by geofftech »

Right, this might be too much to ask for people NOT to add in idle chit-chat on the subject (e.g. "Well i've done the challenge once and nothing went wrong", or "I hope to do it later this year, i hope nothing goes wrong!") - yeah, stay out with that. Just stick to the task in hand.

Am looking for stats from people who have done it MORE than once, and have at least ONE completion. And i want to know on the attempts that you've made:

i. How many times there's been no major tube problem
ii. How many times there HAS been a major tube problem (whether it affected you or not)

The two figures added together should equal the total number of attempts that you've made. If you've then got any historical data (as i have, as in ... dates when it happened so you can compares attempts over time) then great, add that in too. Mine below, and if I beat Andi to it, i'll summarise what he wrote in another thread into the same format in a post next after mine.
Last edited by geofftech on 15 Feb 2012, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
geofftech
All Zones

Re: Tube Fail

Post by geofftech »

Geoff's Attempts:

i. 6 times there have been no severe delays.
ii. 12 times it has not worked as advertised.

That's 18 attempts in total, with it working only 33% of the time.

(Pre-2006 it was only 4 out of 9 days that it worked ... 44% reliability, 2009 onwards it's only been 2 out of 9 attempts that it's worked .. 23% reliability)
Last edited by geofftech on 15 Feb 2012, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Last edited by geofftech on 08 May 2019, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

geofftech wrote:Andi's Attempts:

i. 13 times there have been no severe delays.
ii. 11 times it has not worked as advertised.

That's 24 attempts in total, with it working only 54% of the time.

Andi also aborted on 11 other attempts/occassions due to non-tube related problems.
On those 11 abortions some were tube related and had delays on the tube it just that they were not the main reason why we stopped mostly we go on the Palkanetoijala dry principle if we are doing well up until 7pm we carry on if we feel we too far behind due to delays then we go to pub!

so bringing quite a few of them into play ur stats roughly work out the same as mine
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

I had four attempts last year - the first attempt started on the first train of the day and was aimed at completing, which I did. The other three had a much later start, such that in total there was only room for about 30-40 minutes of delays in total after which a completion would be impossible.

4 attempts - two completions, two aborts (when it became obvious that a completion was unlikely). Only on one of these did I hit something that was classifed as 'severe delays'. That said on all four attempts I encountered problems of some kind - most usually trains that were in the timetable failing to appear or terminating short of their original destination - even on my fastest completion I had several of these (including three in rapid succession).
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

NozzaCooks Attempts

4 times no problems
13 with severe delays or part suspended 6 of which caused attempt to be aborted.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

Boris is being quite ambitious and aims, AIMS, to cut delays by 30% by December 2015, which, erm... is feasible. Just.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

hopeful traveller wrote:Boris is being quite ambitious and aims, AIMS, to cut delays by 30% by December 2015, which, erm... is feasible. Just.
This is the "post your stats only" thread, not the pro-Boris thread.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

Interesting - Customer Hours lost are at their lowest levels since 2003/04. (I read that in a credible newspaper)
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

hopeful traveller wrote:Interesting - Customer Hours lost are at their lowest levels since 2003/04. (I read that in a credible newspaper)
Are you going to tell us which one?

Two completions, 1 delay.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.