New World Record Rumours

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
moley
Site Administrator

New World Record Rumours

Post by moley »

OK, so there is talk in a number of other threads that a new world record has been set (subject to verification).

If, you have relevant information (such as who, when and their time) then please post it.

If you don't have information, then please refrain from teasing other forum members. If you consider it not your place to divulge information then that includes the fact that you hold such information. The last time that this happened it caused arguments.

I will delete posts if this persists.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

Re: [Rumour] New World Records

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Okey dokey Mr Moderator though i dont know what argument you are refering too.That was a heated discussion with valid points made counter made and discussed not an Argument!I feel its not my place to divulge the information that is the right of the person(s) involved Only Guinness World Records can decide whether such attempt is valid or not and they only have the right to determine is validity.Ps if the person(s) involved didnt want me to know then why did they tell me.?

I shall await their decision and not post anything more about subject on forum but i will say something Moley is that you do bar topics too easily without giving freedom of information or hearsay or rumour or discussion to take place.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: [Rumour] New World Records

Post by tubeguru »

Andi, you have form when it comes to cajoling people to reveal their attempts and times. :roll:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
moley
Site Administrator

[Rumour] New World Record - 24 March 2011

Post by moley »

Steeevooo wrote:Just incase people try to make this into a witch-hunt against Andi, I've also heard the same information from a person registered (and posting) on these forums, so I fully encourage them to state their information on here...
It's not a witch hunt against Andi. But you've done exactly the same as he has done. "I know something that you don't "

As everyone seems to being told off-forum: I understand that a new record (subject to verification) of circa 16:40 was set on Thursday 24 March by Neilandrewhall.

That wasn't difficult was it. I've not spent the past too days saying "I know something that you don't"

There is no requirement for details to be posted on this forum but either put up or shut up.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

Re: [Rumour] New World Record - 24 March 2011

moley wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:Just incase people try to make this into a witch-hunt against Andi, I've also heard the same information from a person registered (and posting) on these forums, so I fully encourage them to state their information on here...
It's not a witch hunt against Andi. But you've done exactly the same as he has done. "I know something that you don't "

As everyone seems to being told off-forum: I understand that a new record (subject to verification) of circa 16:40 was set on Thursday 24 March by Neilandrewhall.

That wasn't difficult was it. I've not spent the past too days saying "I know something that you don't"

There is no requirement for details to be posted on this forum but either put up or shut up.
Quote wrong info here Mr Moderator 17h 40m Neil got it wrong by an hour thought he had broken the record by 4 mins seems he was 56m outside on Thursday 24th march whether or not the rumour mill was fun to read is irrevelant and you know what u can do to the words shut up!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Re: [Rumour] New World Record - 24 March 2011

Post by Steeevooo »

moley wrote:

Are you going to take this attitude to everything on here then? i.e. if on Zone One day the Z1 record gets smashed and it is believed that that person would rather disclose himself on here, are you going to ban everyone from talking about the record being beaten unless they give all the details? Also, why didn't you take this attitude to the "someone got the first darts 180 at the darts event tonight" thread a while ago? Consistency...
palkanetoijala31

Re: New World Record Rumours

To make it even worse Neil really needs to take some maths lessons apparently he started at 04.58 and finished at 22.12 which apparently makes a 17h 14m time.
supercommuter
Zone 1

Post by supercommuter »

Hi, I note with interest that many are completing the challenge. Great stuff.
I did it many times in 1980 through to 2000.
I will continue to note with interest what is happening.
Best of luck to you all.

Robert Robinson
Tube Challenger 1980 to 2000
palkanetoijala31

supercommuter wrote:Hi, I note with interest that many are completing the challenge. Great stuff.
Best of luck to you all.

Robert Robinson
Seriously u r the one and only Bob Robinson holder of the record so many times an one from 1986-1994 an 8 year period! and last held in 2002 before Jack welsby.?
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
supercommuter wrote:Hi, I note with interest that many are completing the challenge. Great stuff.
Best of luck to you all.

Robert Robinson
Seriously u r the one and only Bob Robinson holder of the record so many times an one from 1986-1994 an 8 year period! and last held in 2002 before Jack welsby.?
Either that or it's incredibly specific spam...
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
supercommuter
Zone 1

Post by supercommuter »

Yes I am afraid so. Yes I did do 51 trips, completed 46, held or equalled my record 8 times (I did hold it also just before John Trafford but he took it off me just before the GBR published and I was only in the stop press.
Good to hear from you.
Best wishes

Robert
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Croesi i'r Fforwm Tiwb Her.

Welcome to the Tube Challenge Forum :)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sir welcome to the forum we are very honoured indeed :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

supercommuter wrote:Yes I am afraid so. Yes I did do 51 trips, completed 46, held or equalled my record 8 times (I did hold it also just before John Trafford but he took it off me just before the GBR published and I was only in the stop press.
Good to hear from you.
Best wishes

Robert
That is a very impressive history of challenges. It would be nice to read about your experiences. Also, another warm welcome to the forum.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record