Olympia Shuttle

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Olympia Shuttle

Post by tractakid »

You realise TFL can lie about those trains, too? Last time I tried it it took 20+ minutes of waiting. I think as long as you take the information from FOIs rather than JP there should be a service running throughout that day, as likely as anywhere else on the tube as being on time. I'll go for an Exbo day if it's convenient and a normal day if it's not.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

I happened to catch a new S Stock Hammersmith & City Line train yesterday. As well as line diagrams for H&C and Circle, they also have a separate District Line diagram, which describes the Olympia service as weekends only. However on District line trains I've caught it's been described as a weekends, bank holidays and exhibition service. Give the S stock diagrams are newer, is this a sign of things to come?
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

There will always be the morning trains, which means it will always be possible to do 270 a day, meaning Guinness won't care.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Exhibition service dates for the rest of the year can be found at

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-389565

May 15/16
August 13/14/15/16
September 23
October 25
November 5/6/7/8/15/28/29
December 16/17/18/19/20
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

greatkingrat wrote:Exhibition service dates for the rest of the year can be found at

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-389565

May 15/16
August 13/14/15/16
September 23
October 25
November 5/6/7/8/15/28/29
December 16/17/18/19/20
Nice work, thank you very much!
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Earlier today the TfL service updates were showing no service between Earls Court and Kensington (Olympia) - saying instead a replacement bus service will operate. This has now disappeared from the Service Status board, but the replacement bus service for (5 & 6 August) is still shown on their planned engineering works calendar. Since there is no Olympia service due today or tomorrow, does that mean they are running a replacement bus for the half dozen or so trains on their way to or from the sidings via Olympia? :?
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Nigel wrote:Earlier today the TfL service updates were showing no service between Earls Court and Kensington (Olympia) - saying instead a replacement bus service will operate. This has now disappeared from the Service Status board, but the replacement bus service for (5 & 6 August) is still shown on their planned engineering works calendar. Since there is no Olympia service due today or tomorrow, does that mean they are running a replacement bus for the half dozen or so trains on their way to or from the sidings via Olympia? :?
I saw that and thought a bit odd. It did say due to planned Engineering Works!
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.