Tickets

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
toontoon75
Zone 1

Tickets

Post by toontoon75 »

What is the best way to get a ticket to do the whole tube challenge. A zones 1-6 doesn't sort out the Bakerloo or A,B,C sections of the Met. Can't see the time being hit if queueing for a ticket is involved. :D
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

It is possible to buy a Zones 1-6 + A-D ticket I think, but I'm not sure about the northernmost part of the Bakerloo line.
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

if you start at amersham, you can buy a 123456ABCD travelcard from the machines there. thing is, you can ONLY get those from amersham and chesham, so if you FINISH at amersham you have to live with bunking the top end of the met. not that it really matters, cos even if you were going through barriers they're all open that late at night

travelcards are still valid between kenton and harrow & wealdstone. they always have been. if you have a london underground single ticket, THAT isn't valid. when it says "LT cards are not valid" on the map, what that means is that even though you have to pay a national rail fare as opposed to an underground fare, you can't use an LT card, which is different from a travelcard in that you can only use overground trains or something.
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

Erm, buy the ticket the day before from your nearest tube station?

I know that doesn't help people who come from a distance away just for the day but waiting for the day in question tends to be asking for trouble.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

You can buy a Zone 1-6,A-D travelcard from any LU station up two weeks in advance. I've always bought mine in advance .. no messing or worries .. don't know what all the fuss is about!

Currently costs £13.20 IIRC.
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

....And don't use Oyster, as it might not let you through gates if you havn't swiped out after 2 hours, or if you forget to swipe it onto the tube system or NR/tube connections.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

what is the problem with tickets for the top of the bakerloo line
As you can tell i am not very experienced!
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

The current tube map states:
Special fares apply for printed single and return tickets to and from Harrow & Wealdstone
But as you'd get a Zones 1-D travelcard in advance, this isn't a problem. The only service that you might want to take which isn't included on the travelcard is the Heathrow Express.
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

C'est gratuit.