The Lesser Spotted U1

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
barrykas
Zone 4

The Lesser Spotted U1

Post by barrykas »

It seems that a new Monday to Friday timetable was introduced on the U1 (Ruislip - Hillingdon Hospital) on the 22nd of August, with minor timing changes "to improve reliability", which may explain how I managed to catch one from West Ruislip during Tube Relief ;)

Annoyingly, however, both the full timetable (from busmap.org) and the working timetable (from firstlondontimetables.co.uk) only give times at Ruislip Station (obviously, given that's where it starts) and then The Coach & Horses in Ickenham, not for West Ruislip.

Anywho, the basic service frequency is every 15 minutes, with the first bus from Ruislip Station at 0543 (due Uxbridge 0557) and the last bus at 0037 (due Uxbridge 0051). In the other direction, the first bus from Uxbridge is at 0529 (due Ruislip 0542) and the last bus is at 0019 (due Ruislip 0032).

Cheers,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

We saw it on the day; but just outside West Ruislip station as we were entering it.

(p.s. Geoff: that's not a hill!)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Buses are for wimps. Real men run! :wink:
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

G Force wrote:Buses are for wimps. Real men run! :wink:
Not when it's pissing down with rain and a bus heading in the right direction turns up at just the right moment they don't ;)

Cheers,

Barry
--
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

i actually find running easier when its raining, its more refreshing.... running in heat isn't nice at all, but then again neither are buses, or tubes.

if our signals could take a bit of rain, rainy days would be perfect for tube challenges.
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

Zeibura wrote:if our signals could take a bit of rain, rainy days would be perfect for tube challenges.
Indeed, but as we all know, the signalling on the Richmond branch collapses at the slightest hint of rain...Happened just today, in fact.

Cheers,

Barry
--